Takka Bradham is a non-player character in Final Fantasy XV. He works as operator, cook and hunt tipster at Takka's Pit Stop diner at Hammerhead service station. He gives the player quests for procuring ingredients for new menu items at his diner.
- Proprietor of Takka's Pit Stop, diner next door to the Hammerhead body shop, Takka's louring looks belie a cowardly demeanor, startling so easily that customers standing at the counter sometimes catch him off guard. After he lost his family in the Great War thirty years ago, he was given a home and a new lease on life thanks to Cid. Takka now toils to repay this favor, helping around the service station and sending Noctis on errands in Cid's stead. His latest task: curing the crown prince of his unbalanced diet by encouraging him to eat more beans and vegetables.
- Born in the town of Keycatrich, Takka was not afforded a happy childhood. After King Regis scaled back the Wall, it was not long before the flames of war consumed Keycatrich and claimed the lives of Takka's parents, leaving him an orphan in northern Leide. He fell in with a seedy crowd, turning to a life of stealing in order to stave off starvation. The young Takka prided himself in his heightened sense of hearing, which helped him escape capture on many an occasion. Certain that he couldn't be caught, he attempted to rob the Hammerhead Service Station one night, but his attempt at thievery was thwarted. Cid busted the would-be burglar, rapped him on the noggin, and took the juvenile delinquent in as his own.
Profile[edit | edit source]
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Takka is a dark-skinned man with a bald head and a black beard. He wears a white t-shirt and a white apron with the logo of his restaurant.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Takka is nervous and jumpy, easily startled. He has a passion for food and managing his restaurant. He is loyal to Cid Sophiar whom he considers having turned his life around, and thus wants to associate himself with Cid's business, the Hammerhead service station.
Story[edit | edit source]
Takka hails from the ruined town of Keycatrich and lost his family in the Great War thirty years ago. He became a juvenile delinquent to survive and tried to rob Hammerhead before being stopped by its owner, Cid. Cid put Takka's life on track when Takka started working at the diner at Cid's Hammerhead station. The diner is now owned by Takka who manages it alone, and comes up with new dishes to serve to patrons. When Prince Noctis and his friends use all their travel funds to repair their car, Cid directs them to become hunters to earn money, and Takka is one of the first tipsters they will meet. Takka makes it his mission to cure Noctis of his dislike of vegetables and beans.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Hunts[edit | edit source]
|Howling Wind of Hunger||Hammerhead||1||Sabertusk x7||The Weaverwilds (All Times)||2||740 gil, Hi-Elixir||★|
|Varmints of the Wastelands||Hammerhead||1||Mesmenir x5||The Weaverwilds (Daytime)||5||980 gil, Hi-Elixir||★|
|Gorgers in the Dust||Hammerhead||1||Flexitusk x3||Ostium Gorge (All Times)||7||1,570 gil, Iron Bangle||★|
|Raindrops in the Night||Hammerhead||2||Jumbo Flan x1||The Weaverwilds (Nighttime)||15||2,390 gil, Megalixir||★★|
|Wild Beauties||Hammerhead||3||Anaklaban x3||The Weaverwilds (Daytime)||22||3,350 gil, Megalixir||★★|
|Bounty-Hunted Beauties||Hammerhead||3||Anakadom x3, Anak x3||The Weaverwilds (Daytime)||28||4,220 gil, Megalixir||★★|
|Rookie Hunter Tragedy||Hammerhead||4||Ashenhorn x3||The Weaverwilds (All Times)||39||7,330 gil, Mega Phoenix||★★★|
|The Pride of the King||Hammerhead||6||Behemoth x1||Keycatrich Ruins (All Times)||47||10,020 gil, Mega Phoenix||★★★|
|Serpent of the Abyss||Hammerhead||1||Jormungand x1||Crestholm Channels (All Times)||58||16,560 gil, Ruby Bracelet||★★★★|
|Lonely Rumblings in Longwythe||Hammerhead||N/A||Adamantoise x1||Longwythe Peak (All Times)||99||50,000 gil, Adamantite Bangle||★★★★★|
Quests[edit | edit source]
Starting from Chapter 2, Takka sends the party out to procure and deliver ingredients and rewards them with ingredients in return. Doing some of his quests adds new menu items to Takka's Pit Stop.
|Everyone Loves Beans||Duscae||Complete "Emergency Delivery"||1,500 EXP, Leiden Pepper x5, Hulldagh Nutmeg x5, Killer Tomato x5|
|Lestallum's Finest||Duscae||Complete "Everyone Loves Beans"||2,000 EXP, Griffon Breast x2, Saxham Rice x5, Schier Turmeric x5|
|Emergency Delivery||Duscae||Reach Chapter 03, complete "Hunters and Gardeners"||1,000 EXP, Cleigne Wheat x5, Killer Tomato x5, Saxham Rice x5|
|Hunters and Gatherers||Leide||Complete "Scenic Delivery"||500 EXP, Cleigne Wheat x5, Dualhorn Steak x5, Leiden Pepper x5, Hammerhead Hot Sandwich|
|A Meat Most Magnificent||Duscae||Complete "Lestallum's Finest"||3,000 EXP, Allural Shallot x5, Kettier Ginger x5, Sizzling Humongo-Steak|
|Scenic Delivery||Leide||Complete "The Power of Kings" in Chapter 02||300 EXP, Gighee Ham x2, Leiden Potato x2, Sheep Milk x2, Funguar x2|
Takka's Pit Stop[edit | edit source]
While at Hammerhead the party has a chance to meet Takka who runs the diner, Takka's Pit Stop, and is the local tipster. Takka was once taken in by Cid who helped him get his life back on track.
|Chili con Carne|| Attack Boost (Level 2): Strength +20|
HP Boost (Level 1): Max HP +50
|50||Burly Bean Bowl||Default|
|Patch notes: Pre-v1.02: No recipe from eating.|
| Attack Boost (Level 15): Strength +150|
HP Boost (Level 4): Max HP +200
Regen Boost (Level 1): HP Recovery Rate +25%
|Patch notes: Pre-v1.02 Price: 750|
|Hammerhead Hot Sandwich|
| Attack Boost (Level 8): Strength +80|
HP Boost (Level 4): Max HP +200
|150||Grease Monkey's Schnitzel Sandwich||Complete Takka's sidequest: Hunters and Gatherers|
|Patch notes: Pre-v1.02 Price: 200|
| HP Boost (Level 20): Max HP +1000|
Endurance: Sprinting does not reduce stamina
|2600||Thick 'n' Juicy Steak||Complete Takka's sidequest: A Meat Most Magnificent|
|Patch notes: Pre-v1.02 Price: 3500|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There is a drawing of Takka with Cid and Cindy in his diner. It was drawn by the Caricaturist.
- Takka's dossier says that "King Regis scaled back the Wall", but this is likely a mistake, as Regis didn't ascend until after the Great War. The one who scaled back the Wall was Mors Lucis Caelum, Regis's father.
- Noctis's exasperated expression at Takka requesting beans was somewhat adlibbed. Noctis's voice actor Ray Chase has explained it thusly: "There is a couple of instances where we were able to have a creative reign, like we had something in Japanese... Takka asks Noctis to pick up beans and it's some line like, 'Ah, I don’t like beans very much.' But it didn't work. We had 2.3 seconds and just could not figure out something that would work. And so I said what if he just says 'Beaaaannnns…' And that was it! That ended up working!"