Taking to the Skies is a story event from Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, centered around Cid and how he came to be known as the "Father of Airships" in the eyes of Lapis' inhabitants, as well as his friendship with the dwarves of Dirnado.
The event was concurrent with Cid's Unit Intro Quest.
As with all story events, the area map has several stages which must be cleared in order. Parties and equipment can't be changed on the area map and the player cannot return to the home screen until after completing all stages or giving up. A Game Over on a battle will also return the player to the home screen, losing all progress and energy used unless Lapis is used to revive.
There are two types of stages, one being 'battle stages', in which wave battles occurs, and the other being 'scenario stages', in which story scenes play out. Completing the event will yield all eight types of crysts used for ability awakenings, as well as materials for the Metal Greaves accessory, its recipe being earned in the stage "Gathering of Talent".
The event's guest units are:
- Cid (Start of a Legend, A Strange Girl, Craftsman Confrontation, Gathering of Talent, Dark Clouds, To the Sky)
- Nagflar (Bond with Dwarves, Dark Clouds, To the Sky)
- Melete (Gathering of Talent, Dark Clouds, To the Sky)
- Falma (New Friends, Gathering of Talent, Dark Clouds, To the Sky)
Start of a Legend Edit
A Strange GirlEdit
Bond with DwarvesEdit
The stage costs 45 energy in total and gives 2150 Rank EXP. The reward for clearing all stages is the Slogging Wrench hammer.
Gathering of TalentEdit
The stage costs 65 energy in total and gives 3250 Rank EXP. The reward for clearing all stages is the recipe for the Metal Greaves accessory. It requires: Midnight Wings x100, Galesilk x60, Thick Sailcloth x60, Levistone Fragment x50, Orientation Control Unit x1.
To the SkyEdit
The stage costs 85 energy in total and gives 4500 Rank EXP. The reward for clearing all stages is the Orientation Control Unit material.
Cave of CrystalsEdit
- Cave of Crystals
- It is the first story event to give a recipe (for Metal Greaves) and have its crafting materials as drops, which would later be continued by other story events.
- It is the only story event in which a character changes appearances midway the area map, namely Cid starts the stage To The Sky in his clothes but summons his armor in the cutscene 'Our Dreams' and continues like that until the end.