Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Swordmaiden page!
Swordmaiden is a time-limited event where Arciela from Final Fantasy XI can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Story cutscenes[edit | edit source]
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
(Rem starts to cough)
- Rem: Cough, cough...
- Aerith: Are you okay, Rem? You've been coughing for a while now.
- Rem: I...I'm fine. It's just a little coughing fit...
- Rem: Cough! Cough, cough!
- Aerith: Rem!?
- Lenna: There's nothing little about it. Doesn't it hurt?
- Yuna: Stay still. I'll heal you!
(Yuna heals Rem)
- Rem: Cough, cough! Cough...!
- Aerith: I'll help!
(Aerith heals Rem)
- Rem: Cough, cough... Huff...
- Lenna: It's okay... It's okay now.
- Yuna: Magic doesn't seem to work... Maybe it's ineffective against sicknesses from other worlds...?
- ???: Please, use this!
- ???: This thyme moss should help suppress the cough. Quickly now!
- Aerith: Thyme moss...?
- ???: How do you feel?
- Rem: Better, thank you...
- Aerith: Thank goodness, Rem!
- Lenna: It looked like that medicinal herb helped calm your cough.
- Yuna: By the way, who are you?
- ???: Oh, how rude of me. I'm—
(The party hears a monster roar)
- Lenna: That voice...!
- Aerith: Monsters! We'll have to do introductions later, I suppose...!
- Rem: Thank you for earlier. I feel much better now.
- Cater: I appreciate you helping my friend!
- ???: I'm glad I could help.
- Arciela: My name is Arciela V. Adoulin.
- Arciela: From one of the Twelve Orders in the Sacred City of Adoulin.
- Lion: Sacred City of Adoulin...? Would that by any chance be to the far west of the Middle Lands?
- Lion: I heard that they were recruiting adventurers to help develop Ulbuka.
- Arciela: Oh? Then you must be in this forest as pioneers...
- Cid: It seems like this lady doesn't have a clue what's going on.
- Auron: Then we had better explain it.
- Arciela: ...I see. I thought it was strange that I couldn't see the spirits.
- Arciela: But to think that I'm not in Ulbuka, let alone Vana'diel...
- Rem: Everyone here was summoned from a different world by a god.
- Lion: I'm also from Vana'diel. I passed through a Torsion just like you did.
- Arciela: ...I'm not sure I understand. Why is thyme moss growing here if we're in a different world?
- Cid: Probably because this world was made to look like ours.
- Auron: Or perhaps because your world and this one are connected by a Torsion.
- Arciela: Is it because I came here...?
- Cater: No, no! It's not your fault!
- Rem: You saved me, Arciela. I can't thank you enough.
- Auron: It's not easy to judge whether to help complete strangers or not.
- Cid: In short, we like you, miss!
- Arciela: Th-thank you! I'm happy to hear that.
- Lion: As you can see from these woods, Vana'diel is in trouble...
- Rem: In order to save our worlds and get back home, we need to gather brilliance.
- Cid: So will you help us? Rejection would be hard for us to stomach at this point.
- Arciela: I can't stop here. I have a duty to the people of Adoulin...
- Arciela: Please, let me come with you. I want to help!
- Cid: Well, well! You look like a sheltered noble, but you've got guts, kid!
- Zack: Alright, guys! We're almost out of the woods! Just follow me!
- Ace: Is it really a good idea to follow him...?
- Quistis: Indeed. Having him lead makes me very nervous...
- Arciela: Wait!
- Arciela: There are poisonous plants growing over there. And I can sense monsters.
- Zack: Wh-what!? How did you know that?
- Zell: Oh, brother...
- Arciela: Let's go this way instead. It's a safer route out.
- Quistis: You really saved our necks, Arciela. You're very well versed in the forest.
- Zell: You know a ton about medicinal plants, too! Almost like you've lived in the woods before.
- Ace: Arciela? Is something wrong?
- Arciela: ...I just remembered how they used to call me a witch back home.
- Zack: A witch? But why?
- Arciela: I've had the power to be attune with nature ever since I can remember.
- Arciela: Before I knew it, people started ridiculing me of being a witch protected by the woods.
- Arciela: This power has caused me unhappiness. I've even dragged in people around me...
- Quistis: That's terrible.
- Zell: A witch, huh...
- Zell: We have something like that in our world. She's a sorceress who somehow made it here...
- Ace: You mean Ultimecia.
- Quistis: Sorceresses often used their great powers as a weapon to become dictators.
- Quistis: Because of that, people came to hate them. But not all sorceresses are evil...
- Arciela: People hated them, too... Just like me.
- Zell: What are you saying? You're completely different.
- Zell: You're nothing like Ultimecia at all!
- Ace: You saved Rem, and you helped us avoid danger.
- Zack: You do have a mysterious power, but how you use it is up to you.
- Zack: So even if you're a witch, you're a good one!
- Zack: So, how about it?
- Arciela: Thank you, everyone. You're right. I need to be more positive!
- Arciela: If I can save someone with this power, I don't care what people call me!
- Zack: That's the spirit! Now let's get going!
(Zack runs off)
- Arciela: Wait, Zack! Not that way!
Swordmaiden Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
Swordmaiden Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
Swordmaiden Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
Swordmaiden Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
Swordmaiden Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
Swordmaiden Co-op[edit | edit source]
Swordmaiden EX[edit | edit source]
Swordmaiden COSMOS[edit | edit source]
Swordmaiden CHAOS[edit | edit source]
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
- "Steel Sings, Blades Dance" plays in all waves excluding boss waves.
- "Keepers of the Wild" plays in boss waves.