Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Steal abilities page!
Steal abilities are a subtype of abilities found throughout the series, starting with Final Fantasy III. While it mainly refers to the Steal ability and stealing items in general, it has since expanded to other venues, such as stealing gil, EXP, and even abilities. Steal abilities are usually still relegated to the Thief class. Common abilities of this type are Steal, Steal Gil, and Mug.
- Steal - Edge Geraldine's exclusive ability.
- Plunder (in the Advance and The Complete Collection) - Edge's Steal is upgraded to Plunder by equipping the Hanzo Gloves.
Steal is Edge's exclusive ability.
- Steal - Tsukinowa's exclusive ability.
- Mug (called Grab in the WiiWare version) - Edge's exclusive ability.
- Steal - Thief job's Level 4 ability.
- Mug (also called Capture) - Thief job's Level 6 ability. The Thief Knife randomly attempts a steal when used with the Attack command.
- Steal - Locke Cole's special ability. Gogo can mimic it.
- Mug (also called Capture) - Usable by Locke Cole and Gogo if equipped with a Brigand's Glove. Thief's Knife (equippable by Locke and Shadow) has a 50% chance of using Mug when its user attacks.
All characters can access Steal abilities by equipping materia.
- Steal - Steal Materia's Level 1 ability. The Master Command Materia also gives the ability.
- Mug - Steal Materia's Level 2 ability. Replaces the Steal command.
- Steal As Well - Steal as Well applies the Steal effect to Magic, Summon and Command Materia to which it is linked.
By equipping materia, Zack can use the following Steal abilities:
All Steal abilities are available to Zidane:
- Steal - Also available to the temporarily-playable Marcus, Blank, and Cinna.
- Mug - Learned from Chimera Armlet, Thief Hat and Survival Vest.
- Steal Gil - Learned from Glass Armlet and Yellow Scarf.
- Master Thief - Learned from the Thief Gloves.
- Bandit - Learned from the Mythril Dagger and the N-Kai Armlet.
List of Steal abilities:
- Mug - Found in Rikku's section of the Sphere Grid.
- Pickpocket - Armor auto-ability.
- Master Thief - Armor auto-ability.
Steal abilities exclusive to the International, PAL, and HD Remaster versions:
- Pilfer Gil - Located in Rikku's standard and expert Sphere Grid.
- Nab Gil - Located in Lulu's standard and Rikku's expert Sphere Grids.
- Pilfer Gil
- Borrowed Time
- Pilfer HP
- Pilfer MP
- Sticky Fingers
- Master Thief
- Soul Swipe
- Steal Will
- Mug - Can be accessed by equipping the Garment Grid Treasure Hunt
- Nab Gil - Can be accessed by equipping the Garment Grid Horn of Plenty.
- Steal - Thief job class, available from level 5.
- Mug - Learned by Thieves at level 35.
- Aura Steal - Thief trait, unlocked at level 75 with Merit Points.
Vaan learns the following Steal abilities:
- Steal Speed
- Steal Endurance
- Steal Power
- Pirate's Monograph
- Mug - Rogue ability learned after completing the Level 15 quest "Slave to the Code".
- Enhanced Mug - Rogue trait learned at Level 66.
- Steal is the action command of the Thief class.
- Steal Gil (Gil Taking)
- Steal Heart
- Steal Helmet
- Steal Armor
- Steal Shield
- Steal Weapon
- Steal Accessory
- Steal EXP (Steal Exp)
- Piracy is the action command of the Sky Pirate class, and comprises several steal abilities.
- Plunder Gil
- Plunder Heart
- Plunder Helm
- Plunder Armor
- Plunder Shield
- Plunder Weapon
- Plunder Accessory
- Plunder EXP
- Sticky Fingers (called Catch on the PlayStation) - Reaction ability learned by the Thief class.
- Steal: Gil - Learned by the Thief class from the Jack Knife.
- Mug - Learned by the Soldier class from the Diamond Sword.
- Catch - Reaction ability learned by viera Red Mage and moogle Juggler from the Chain Mail.
List of Steal abilities:
- Steal Gil - Learned by Thiefs from the Jackknife.
- Mug Gil - Learned by Soldiers from the Diamond Sword.
- Pickpocket - Learned by Vikings from the Iron Hammer.
- Wallet Shot - Learned by Snipers from the Hunting Bow.
- Sticky Fingers - Learned by the Juggler and Red Mage classes from the Brigandine.
- Mug - Localized name for Steal Gil.
- Mug - Level 20 Dirty Tricks ability for the Thief class.
- Steal - Level 1 ability.
- Life Thief - Level 4 ability.
- Mug - Level 6 ability.
- Master Thief - Level 10 ability.
- Rob Blind - Level 11 ability.
- Shake Down - Level 12 ability.
- Burgle and Buff - Level 14 ability.
- Mug - Level 3 command ability for the Thief.
- Mug - Thief's job level 16 ability.
- Pickpocket - Thief's job level 1 ability.
- Nab Gil - F-Ability (Warrior's "Bash" and Thief's "Pickpocket").
List of Steal abilities:
- Steal - Craftable ability. Learned by Paul, Eldin, Abel, Locke, Vaan, Zidane, Toby, Edge, Thief, Rikku.
- Pilfer - Learned by Paul, Locke, Helena. Eldin's Trust Master reward.
- Mug - Learned by Jean, Pirate Jake, Helena, Mercedes, Locke, Wadow, Rikku, Zidane. Can be learned by Diabolos. Can be accessed by equipping the Hanzo Gauntlet.
- Purse Snatch » Toxic Gift - Eldin's Limit Burst.
- Treasure Snatch » Thief Supreme - Paul's Limit Burst.
- Steal Gil - Passive ability. Learned by Thief, Xon, Zidane.
- Armed Robbery » Eccentric Collector » Treasure Master - Locke's Limit Burst.
- Sticky Fingers - Juggler's Trust Master reward.
- Steal HP - Learned by Thief.
- Steal MP - Learned by Thief.
- Steal Aura - Learned by Thief.
- Steal Time - Learned by Thief.
- Steal Chance - Use steal skills twice in one turn. Learned by Zidane.
- Thief's Mastery - Passive ability. Learned by Zidane.
- Life Steal - Learned by Zidane.
- Magic Steal - Learned by Zidane.
- Physical Steal - Learned by Zidane.
- Mental Steal - Learned by Zidane.
- Waylay - Learned by Xon.
- Twist of Fate - Learned by Xon.
- Steal - One of Zidane's Bravery attacks. Becomes "Mug" when Zidane is under Trance, his EX Skill.
- Steal - Locke's EX Skill. Becomes "Mug" when Locke attacks foes not targeting him.
- Snatch Shot - Balthier's BRV Attack.
- Grace Aiming - Balthier's HP Attack.
- I'll take that! - Yuffie's BRV Attack.
Mug is an ability initially used by Goblin but usable by any character.