Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Squall (World of Final Fantasy) page!
Squall is a minor character in World of Final Fantasy. He is a Grymoirian incarnation of Squall Leonhart originating from Final Fantasy VIII. Squall is one of the two character representatives of that game, the other being Quistis.
- CV: Doug Erholtz / Hideo Ishikawa
- Age in Grymoire: 17
- Notes: Mercenary / Follows orders / SeeD / Gunblade / Handily saves Lann and Reynn from certain death
- SeeD is a group of elite mercenaries whose current primary focus is overthrowing the Bahamutian Federation. Its ranks include such notable figures as Squall and Quistis.
- King Edgar of Figaro hired SeeD to help free his castle from the Federation's chain. SeeD's support was invaluable in this operation, and they provided crucial support to the forcibly drafted heroes of the day, Lann and Reynn.
- The League of S
- Cloud and Shelke work for Shinra, and Squall and Quistis work for SeeD. When these two powerful groups joined forces against the Bahamutian Federation, they became a powerful alliance known as the League of S—which, as you've figured out by now, comes from the first letter of their names.
- The League's Troubled History
- Shinra and SeeD—their alliance poses a formidable threat to the Bahamutian Federation.
- However, their cause saw a major setback when a mysterious incident at Shinra's former HQ in Nibelheim resulted in the disappearance of its researchers and top brass. After the incident, SeeD stepped in and assumed command of Shinra's mercenary group, known as SOLDIER. That is why Cloud and Shelke now report to Quistis.
- SeeD's Headquarters
- The floating city of Balamb Garden serves as SeeD's airborne base of operations. However, until Eiko took a closer look, no one had ever suspected the Garden was actually a colossal eidolon.
- Occasionally, alien technology is discovered in Grymoire: strange artifacts from places and eras unknown. SeeD has worked tirelessly to find this technology and exploit it in their fight against the Federation. The airships they used to discover Balamb Garden are a perfect example.
- The Garden itself also proved to be a gold mine of useful tech: drawing, junctioning, and weapons like the gunblade. With the support of Shinra's brilliant researchers, these discoveries were modernized and put into practice.
- Leadership Material
- Squall has always been a man of few words—a lone wolf. However, with so few fighters of his caliber to choose from, SeeD has had to keep Squall on the front lines, where his comrades expect him to get them through the danger. As a result, he's more of a leader than he knows.
- In case you're wondering, Seifer doesn't exist here in Grymoire, so someone else gave Squall that scar on his face. Rumor has it that when he first started training with Cloud and Lightning, he went home every day covered with scrapes and bruises. You don't think that one of them...?
- This may surprise you, but Squall is the youngest core member of the League of S. (Yup, even younger than Shelke!) His poise and experience make him seem older than he actually is.
- First World of Origin:
- FINAL FANTASY VIII
Squall briefly joins the party during Chapter 14, "Lost Powers", providing the twins with an eldbox to imprism mechanical Mirages, and briefing them of their mission to restore power to Figaro Castle. As with most Grymorian versions of main characters from the Final Fantasy series, Squall does not participate in battles, only simply accompanying the twins on the field. He leaves the party after the player defeats the Death Machine.
The player can take on an Intervention Quest that centers around Squall.
Squall also appears in the following Intervention Quests.
As a Champion, Squall can be summoned to assist Lann and Reynn in battle. Upon acquiring Squall's Champion Medal, the player can summon him to attack one enemy with the ability Lion Heart. The party is also bestowed with Accuracy ↑.
"Prismelody: Don't Be Afraid" plays when using Squall's Champion Medal. The player may select this theme as the background music for battles from the Config section of the main menu, labeled as "Champion Theme: Squall". This theme also plays in battles in Maxima version when Lann is equipped with Squall's Champion Jewel.
"Squall" is an English word for a small and intense storm.