Fiends. They fall from Sin's body and are left behind in its wake.Lulu explaining to Tidus what Sinspawn are
Sinspawn (シンのコケラ, Shin no Kokera?, lit. Sin Scale) are creatures born from the gargantuan beast Sin in Final Fantasy X. They are a vital part of Operation Mi'ihen, as the Crusaders use the Sinspawn to call out to Sin, which would inevitably be drawn to them. Five Sinspawn are fought during the course of the game, six if the Sinscale is counted.
Sinspawn are presumably fiends that are formed by outlets of the multitude of pyreflies that compose Sin's physical form. Collectively, the forms of Sinspawn coincide with those of marine creatures, such as anemones and jellyfish.
- Sinscales - A small, weak Sinspawn. First encountered in Dream Zanarkand.
- Sinspawn Ammes - (a large anemone-like creature), fought by Auron and Tidus in Dream Zanarkand.
- Sinspawn Echuilles - (a jellyfish-like beast), fought by Tidus and Wakka in the water following the attack by Sin on the S.S. Liki to Kilika.
- Sinspawn Geneaux - (a shelled plant-like monster with large tentacles), fought by the party at the steps of Kilika Temple.
- Sinspawn Gui - (a large armored arthopodic collective), fought by the party and eventually Seymour during Operation Mi'ihen.
- Sinspawn Genais - (a palette-swap of Sinspawn Geneaux), fought by the party when fighting Sin (core).
Sinspawn Gui appears as an enemy in Final Fantasy Record Keeper.
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy has a trade material called "Sinspawn". The item's description says "get too close and you'll get dizzy", referring to Sin's toxins.
The Rift Beasts from Final Fantasy XIII-2 resemble Sinspawn.
sin is the act of violating God's will. Sin can also be viewed as anything that violates the ideal relationship between an individual and God; or as any diversion from the perceived ideal order for human living. To sin has been defined as "to miss the mark".In a religious context,