Every single one of 'em's a bomber!
- A modified magitek trooper deployed only in special circumstances. Scientists intentionally overcharged this unit's core in order to trigger the self-destruct mechanism when in close proximity to enemies.
- Size: 7 ft. 2 in. Weight: 422.4 lb.
- An explosive unit deployed from drop ships. After descending to the ground, this unit slowly makes its way toward the opponent. In order to compensate for its unfortunate lack of speed, scientists designed this trooper with extra durability in mind.
- Size: 7 ft. 2 in. Weight: 437.6 lb.
- A self-destructing cybersoldier stationed at specific bases around the imperial mainland. This unit boasts greater durability than the average shock trooper at the expense of combat capabilities.
- Size: 7 ft. 2 in. Weight: 446.2 lb.
The player faces shock troopers in Chapter 11 when protecting the train. They appear both on the ground level where the train stopped, and onboard the magitek engines when the player is warping between them to down them. When they are on the ground level, the shock troopers stagger slowly toward the player and attacking them makes them blow up. Aboard the magitek engines the troopers are strapped down to the sides of the ships and don't do anything, but attacking them makes them detonate. The shock troopers' detonation will destroy the magitek engines, as is the aim.
Shock troops are formations created to lead an attack. "Shock troop" is a calque, a loose translation of the German word Stoßtrupp. Military units which contain assault troops are typically organized for mobility with the intention that they will penetrate through enemy defences and attack into the enemy's vulnerable rear areas.