Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Shivalry page!
A rare male Shiva. Drives his female counterpart up the wall with lengthy "superhero" monologues. Cannot be defeated with space rocks or the color yellow.Mirage Manual entry
Shivalry is a minor character in World of Final Fantasy.
- Notes: Self-proclaimed "cool face of justice" / Hopelessly cheesy / Only hears what he wants to
- Shiva's Biggest Headache
- Shivalry believes, without an iota of doubt, that he is the very epitome of righteousness, and that it is his burden—nay, his duty!—to instill the proper values in all who stray off the ethical path.
- There are few things more irritating than having Shivalry get on your case. He's as stubborn as an unfed chocobo and simply refuses to be reasoned with. At least, that's what Shiva will tell you.
- Also, in case you're wondering: just as there are relatively few ifrit females, there are relatively few shiva males.
- Not Technically a Villain
- Why did Shivalry declare with such certainty that Shiva-Ixion was evil? Chalk it up to experience. While traveling from world to world and righting wrongs (whether wrong or right), Shivalry has come up against the Exnine Knights and the Cogna enough times to know they're bad news.
- So when he saw that Shiva-Ixion had a little machine in her, he decided it was his sacred duty as Chief of the Shiva Justice Police to stop her before she could shame their tribe. Of course, this was all a big misunderstanding.
- So is he a villain? No. Is he a good guy? Also probably no. Let's not forget that to get into Grymoire in the first place, he had to bust his way through an innocent human. Whatever you want to call that kind of stunt, justice it just isn't.
Chivalry, or the chivalric code, is a code of conduct associated with the medieval institution of knighthood.
Shiva (also spelled Śiva) is a Hindu god. The Hindu Shiva once saved the world by consuming poison, giving him blue skin around the area of the neck and throat. Shiva is a male god, but can merge with his consort Parvati to become Ardhanari, an androgynous Hindu god of duality. Shiva is the god of destruction along with Vishnu, who is the god of preservation, and Brahma, the god of creation. Together they are the three principle deities of the Trimurti (Hindu Triad). It is believed he periodically destroys the world, then recreates it.
Shiva has different human forms, males and females. When he was in his avatar form, he spent most of his times in the Himalayan snow mountain. Shiva in the Final Fantasy series is likely inspired by one of his female avatars.