Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Shiva-Ixion page!
Lovingly called the "Icycle." This sentient vehicle is faster than ever, and recovers AP when she receives ice attacks. The term "Ixion" here refers to the type of Shiva that she is, and should not be confused with the Mirage of the same name.Mirage Manual entry
In the Maxima version, she was made into a imprismable Mirage, found in the "Hot Under the Collar" match at the Coliseum.
- Notes: A type of shiva / Travels with Snow
- Shiva on Wheels
- "Ixion" is her name, and "shiva" is her tribe. You can call her "The Icy Cycle" or "Icycle" for short if you want...but don't expect her to like it.
- On a less silly note, Shiva-Ixion has the ability to enter gestalt mode (aka motorcycle mode) of her own free will. Pretty handy!
- Not a Familiar
- Shiva-Ixion's bond with Snow is a bit different from that of a familiar and a summoner. A while back, in a certain town, they came to each other's rescue and have stuck together since. In that sense, their relationship is similar to Faris and Syldra's.
- Shiva-Ixion is an incredibly rare type of shiva—the only of her kind in Grymoire. She's also one of the few Mirages around that the twins won't be able to imprism. For now, no one gets to hang out with her but Snow.
- First World of Origin:
- FINAL FANTASY XIII
|Intervention Quest - Angel in the Flower Field||Shiva-Ixion|
|The Coliseum - Hot Under the Collar||Shiva-Ixion|
Shiva (also spelled Śiva) is a Hindu god. The Hindu Shiva once saved the world by consuming poison, giving him blue skin around the area of the neck and throat. Shiva is a male god, but can merge with his consort Parvati to become Ardhanari, an androgynous Hindu god of duality. Shiva is the god of destruction along with Vishnu, who is the god of preservation, and Brahma, the god of creation. Together they are the three principle deities of the Trimurti (Hindu Triad). It is believed he periodically destroys the world, then recreates it.
Shiva has different human forms, males and females. When he was in his avatar form, he spent most of his times in the Himalayan snow mountain. Shiva in the Final Fantasy series is likely inspired by one of his female avatars.
Ixion was a king of the Lapiths (an ancient tribe of Thessaly) and the son of either the god Ares, Antion, or the notorious evildoer Phlegyas in Greek mythology.
Ixion was summoned to the table of the gods, but rather than being grateful, he immediately tried to seduce Zeus's wife, Hera. Zeus stopped them and then tested Ixion by trying to seduce him with a fake Hera made from a cloud. Ixion slept with her, and was later punished by being strapped to a flaming wheel that flew around the world forever. Meanwhile, the fake Hera gave birth to the Centaurs, thus the reason why Ixion is portrayed by a horse-like creature.
- While Shiva-Ixion uses Chill in the course of the storyline, she does not have the ability in her mirage board.