Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Shelke (World of Final Fantasy) page!
Shelke is a minor character in World of Final Fantasy. She is a Grymoirian incarnation of Shelke Rui originating from Dirge of Cerberus -Final Fantasy VII-. Shelke is one of the five character representatives of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, the other four being Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, and Zack (the latter appearing only in the Maxima version).
- CV: Kari Wahlgren / Fumiko Orikasa
- Age in Grymoire: 19
- Notes: Shinra / SOLDIER / Colorless and expressionless / Careful planner / Uncomfortable with flattery
- Shelke is a master of Countertek, an impressive skill that allows her to neutralize other techniques and mechanisms. However, it cannot act on latent forces. This is why she pushed Lann and Reynn as hard as she did; the twins' suppressors had to be working at full power in order for Shelke to target those suppressors.
- So why not give a heads-up? Most likely, she just couldn't be bothered. If something needs to get done, she's not one to sit around and talk about it. Maybe Shelke wanted to test the twins' skill and resolve firsthand—but if so, she's not telling.
- As you might expect, Shelke is frequently misunderstood, and she rarely seeks or receives the gratitude of others. So when Tama spoke out for her, and Lann told her she was the "bestest," it really caught her off guard.
- The Tsviets
- Shelke works for Shinra as a member of both SOLDIER and the elite force known as the Tsviets. The Tsviets' members have colors for code names, but Shelke's code name—Shelke the Transparent—sets her apart as special, even among her already extraordinary peers.
- Emotionally Detached
- The nightmares Diabolos subjected Shelke to were twisted versions of reality—but they were still, to some extent, true.
- Shelke's life has not been sugar and rainbows, and she's learned to cut herself off from her emotions in order to cope. Additionally, it's in her nature to put all her energy into the task at hand, so she frequently overlooks details she has determined don't matter. For example, she only realized the strangeness of a Mirage like Tama talking when Vivi pointed it out to her.
- All the same, the lack of distractions gives her complete objectivity, so she's surprisingly good at reading other people's feelings. Ironic, isn't it?
- First World of Origin:
- DIRGE of CERBERUS -FINAL FANTASY VII-
Shelke accompanies the twins at the beginning of Chapter 15 after neutralizing their suppressors and follows them into Mako Reactor 0 to restore power to Figaro Castle. As with most Grymorian versions of main characters from the Final Fantasy series, Shelke does not participate in battles, only simply accompanying the twins on the field. She leaves the party after the chapter has been cleared.
The player can take on an Intervention Quest that centers around Shelke.
Shelke also appears in the following Intervention Quests.
As a Champion, Shelke can be summoned to assist Lann and Reynn in battle. Upon acquiring Shelke's Champion Medal, the player can summon her to remove all negative status effects from the player's party with the ability Countertek. Any positive status effects bestowed on all enemies are also removed.
"Prismelody: A Girl Named Shelke" plays when using Shelke's Champion Medal. The player may select this theme as the background music for battles from the Config section of the main menu, labeled as "Champion Theme: Shelke". This theme also plays in battles in Maxima version when Reynn is equipped with Shelke's Champion Jewel.
The following is a list of quotes uttered by Shelke when talking to her in Balamb Garden.
- Y-yes? What is it?
- What is it?
- I don't need your help at the moment.
- No need for pleasantries.
- Don't you have something else you should be doing?
Shelke means "orange" in Urdu.