Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Shantotto (World of Final Fantasy) page!
- CV: Candi Milo / Megumi Hayashibara
- Age in Grymoire: Late 40s, according to Besaid's older folk
- (Pressing Shantotto for details is not advised)
- Notes: Doctor / Pantologist / Curse professional / Black magic expert / Speaks in rhyme / "Ahhh, ha ha ha ha!" / Overbearing, but a certifiable genius / Do not make her angry
- Always There to Assist?
- When someone tells you that they're a specialist in curses, you immediately think bad thoughts. Still, a tool isn't good or bad in and of itself. It's all about how you use it, and Shantotto uses her knowledge of the hexing arts to solve problems for those in need. So curse or not, it can be a good thing! Now that that's settled, who wants one?
- Shantotto's original soul was Tarutaru, a race known for their diminutive stature (not that it stopped her from towering above others in spirit, mind you). Luckily, here on Grymoire, everyone is already pretty tiny. When Shantotto's soul was born into a Lilikin body, her vertical challenges vanished.
- Just Getting Started
- Shantotto is the oldest Medium you'll meet in Grymoire (if you exclude Sherlotta and people removed from time's normal flow). That said, she still hasn't reached the age the original Shantotto was during the Crystal War. In other words, Shantotto's still got plenty of time to do great things in Grymoire.
- She's on Your Side, Honest
- Shantotto's pursuits are so lofty that she frequently forgets to connect with mere layfolk. And let's face it: her mastery of black magic and curses doesn't help public relations much, either. But as evil as her hobbies make her sound, one thing should be infinitely clear: no matter what schemes she's got bubbling around in that mysterious head of hers, you can bet it's always for the greater good.
- Shantotto has a proven track record in Besaid, and knows exactly how to keep the locals safe and happy. So if you thought she'd completely lost her mind when she tried to do the Quacho Queen in—never fear! Everything she does has a purpose.
- First World of Origin:
- FINAL FANTASY XI
Shantotto is fought as a boss on two occasions. The first is an unwinnable storyline battle, fought with only Reynn's stack, in the laboratory of Port Besaid in Chapter 18, "The Fell Spell and the Quacho Queen".
The second time is when the player visits The Sunken Temple upon accepting the Intervention Quest, The Sunken Temple's Secret, and the player is forced into battle with her. While she possesses 360,000 HP (the most of any enemy in the game) and extremely high defenses, the player is not required to defeat her to advance the intervention quest. Defeating her, however, rewards the player a very large amount of EXP, and a different post-battle response from Shantotto.
The player can take on an Intervention Quest that centers around Shantotto.
Shantotto also appears in the following Intervention Quest.
As a Champion, Shantotto can be summoned to assist Lann and Reynn in battle. Upon acquiring Shantotto's Champion Medal, the player can summon her to attack one enemy with the ability Magic Burst!. The party is also bestowed with Magic ↑.
"Prismelody: Awakening" plays when using Shantotto's Champion Medal. The player may select this theme as the background music for battles from the Config section of the main menu, labeled as "Champion Theme: Shantotto". This theme also plays in battles in Maxima version when Reynn is equipped with Shantotto's Champion Jewel.
The following is a list of quotes uttered by Shantotto when talking to her in Besaid Laboratory.
- Nothing better to do?
- Ah. Have you got another mess you need repressed?
- Make no mistake: only my curses have the power to save the world in its darkest, dire hour.
- I'm presently employed. Go away, before I'm annoyed.
- You'd be amazed at what I've wrought from that ruby you brought.
I reckon I couldn't convince you to fetch me a second?