Shadowseer is an Elite Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt becomes available after the storyline events in Pharos at Ridorana. It is fought alongside Fenrir, Slyt, Pandaemonium, and Phoenix in both the Subterra and in the Zodiac versions' Trial Mode Stage 91 battle. In the Trial Mode an Elixir can be rarely stolen from it.
Hunt 44: God Or Devil?Edit
- A petition has been submitted for the hunting of the Seer (Rank VI). The petitioner is Montblanc in the clan hall in Rabanastre.
- Hunt accepted. A being claiming to be a god, the Seer, has been creating trouble. This "god" is to be found in the Pharos at Ridorana.
- Shadowseer defeated! Report to Montblanc in the clan hall.
- Hunt reported. Montblanc was happy to see another megalomaniacal entity brought to its knees.
Being a Seer with the eldritch Power to read the Fate of Men and Kingdoms by the Movements of the celestial Bodies and the Flow of Mist, twisted to a Thing of Evil by a great Flux of umbral Energy. The Shadowseer may draw on both the Power of Darkness and that of Light, being able to summon both Anima of Shadow and Anima of the Sun at once. Fearing its evil Will, Montblanc wisely recognized this Mark.
|Dispelga||Minion is present and opponent is buffed (25%)|
|Holy||Minions defeated and HP >50% (25%)|
|Shock||HP >50% and Shadowseer has performed 10 commands after all minions are defeated (100%)|
Use again after each next 20 commands (100%)
HP <50% (25%)
|Scourge||HP <50% and Shadowseer has performed 12 commands after all minions are defeated (100%)|
Use again after each next 24 commands (100%)
|Flare||HP >50% and Shadowseer has performed 10 commands after using Shock (100%)|
HP <50% (25%)
|Scathe||HP <50% and Shadowseer has performed 12 commands after using Scourge (100%)|
|Slowga||A minion is present; used on the minion's target (5%)|
|Immobilizega||A minion is present; used on the minion's target (5%)|
|Darkga||A minion is present and has performed 12 commands after being summoned (100%)|
HP >50% when all minions are defeated (25%)
|Fearga||A minion is present; use after using after Darkga on closest opponent (100%)|
After all minions have been defeated (25%)
|Invert||A minion is present; use on the minion's target (25%)|
|Curse||A minion is present; use on the minion's target (5%)|
|Breakart Pentagram||Use on an Esper when a minion is present (100%)|
|Shining Ray||Use at the start of battle (100%)|
Use again after each next 11 attacks (100%)
|Darkness||Use after Shining Ray (100%)|
|Meditate||MP <20% when a minion is present (100%)|
|Reduce Damage||When HP <50%|
|Attack CT0||When HP <20%|
|Magick CT0||When HP <20%|
How to findEdit
The Shadowseer can be found in the Unknown area of Subterra underneath the Pharos after placing all the Black Orbs in the Penumbra, Umbra and Abyssal areas.
After losing a certain amount of HP, Shadowseer will summon Pandaemonium and become invincible. Killing Pandaemonium will drop the palings, allowing the party to injure it until the Shadowseer summons the Slyt. The Shadowseer will repeat this with the other Pharos bosses (Fenrir and Phoenix), at which point it will lament that it is out of creatures to summon.
The party should use Esuna whenever a member is inflicted with a status ailment. The party members most geared toward magick should cast Holy. The player may also want to equip Holy-elemental weapons, such as the Excalibur.
A good setup is to give a character the Excalibur and Genji Glove, then cast Haste, Bravery, and Berserk, along with any other wanted buffs. The attacker can do even more damage if they simultaneously equip the White Robes.
- The four bosses that Shadowseer summons allude to the Sì Xiàng, four mythical Chinese beasts that correspond to the four directions of the compass. Pandaemonium refers to the Black Tortoise of the North, Slyt refers to the Azure Dragon of the East, Fenrir refers to the White Tiger of the West, and Phoenix refers to the Vermilion Bird of the South. The Shadowseer itself may refer to Heaven and Earth, which unite the four beings. The bestiary describes Shadowseer as determining the fates of those on earth by the movements of celestial bodies, or the heavens.
- Shadowseer, the Hell Wyrm boss, Diabolos, and the Piscodaemon all use the Breakart Pentagram ability to do unusually high damage on summoned Espers. The name is a reference to Break Arts from Vagrant Story.
- Much like Doctor Cid and Gilgamesh, Shadowseer can be stolen from more than once. However, due to the permanent paling that activates when any of its summons are up, the only practical times to steal are at the beginning of the fight and after defeating Phoenix.
- Zombie (Male)
- Zombie (Female)
- Zombie Mage
- Zombie Warrior
- Zombie Knight
- Shambling Corpse
- Zombie Warlock
- Zombie Lord (Rare)
- Drowned (Rare)
- Velelu (Rare)
- Disma (Rare)
The battle requires the party to fight: