I couldn't finish 'em. Looks like this's gonna get complicated.
I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!
Lord Bahamut! Thy wish is my command! None shall 'scape Thine unquenchable fury!
Nael deus Darnus
The Second Coil of Bahamut - Turn 4, also known as The Holocharts, or Turn 9 or T9 among players, is a raid turn in Final Fantasy XIV, and the final turn of the Second Coil of Bahamut. In this turn, players face off against the transformed Nael van Darnus: Nael deus Darnus.
Story[edit | edit source]
At a depth of 6,329 yalms, your exhausted yet determined fellowship enters the hulk's operations deck. An impossible scene unfolds before you, the surreal landscape bathed in a crimson glare and holding the promise of epic conflict...
Progression[edit | edit source]
Unlike in previous turns of the Second Coil, there are no trash pulls, only the party and the raid boss.
Normal[edit | edit source]
Phase 1[edit | edit source]
During Phase 1, Nael is at 100% to 65% health.
- Ravensclaw - A frontal cleave dealing approximately 3,000-4,000 damage on a tank.
- Ravensbeak - A single-target attack on the highest enmity target. Deals approximately 11,000 damage on a tank. Leaves a debuff called Raven Blight, dealing additional 4,000-5,000 damage on a tank and everyone within a three yalm radius after 12 seconds.
- Stardust - A random target, except the highest enmity target is marked by a red or yellow mark over their head. When the mark disappears, a red or yellow comet falls on the location the player was standing in. The comets deal proximity based damage. Comets cannot be placed too near each other or they explode, wiping the party.
- Iron Chariot - Nael jumps on a random ranged player with Raven Dive and performs a semi-ranged AoE knockback, potentially knocking any player caught in it to the wall of the area, causing an instant death.
- Thermionic Beam - A random non-tank is marked by a big red mark. Once the mark disappears, 17,000 damage is dealt on that player, divided between players and pets caught in the blast.
- Lunar Dynamo - A big doughnut shaped AoE dealing around 4,000 damage. Nael is healed by the amount of damage dealt. Safespots are outside the AoE and within two yalms under Nael.
- Meteor Stream - Four random players except the highest enmity target are marked by white-purpleish marks over their head. Nael clones will dive down on these players dealing about 2,500 damage on all players caught in the dive. Odd Streams are executed once, even ones are executed twice and can target the same player again.
- Raven Dive - Used before and after Iron Chariot. Nael jumps on a random ranged player to perform Iron Chariot and jumps back on the highest enmity target. Deals moderate damage on a non-tank.
- Dalamud Dive - Used on the highest enmity target when Nael returns after Meteor Stream. Deals around 5,000-6,000 damage on a tank.
Phase 2 - Dalamud Spawn[edit | edit source]
Nael cannot be attacked during this phase, instead, the players must deal with two sets of three golems. This acts as a DPS check. Nael does not do anything until the end of the phase.
When the phase begins, Nael jumps in middle the area and becomes idle and untargetable. Three random players are marked with a green mark over their head. These players must position themselves on the three circles in middle of the area and move away when the marks disappear. Three comets fall and turn into golems.
Red Golem abilities:
- Earthern Heart - Deals around 3,000 damage on anyone caught in the AoE and leaves a burning blue zone on the ground. Any player standing in the fire is applied a debuff that ticks for around 1,000 damage.
- Heavy Strike - Creates a ¾-circle AoE that has three stages. Each stage deals around 4,000 damage.
Blue Golem abilities:
- Magnetism - Draws in any player, golem or comet within a 10 yalm radius.
- Earthshock - Deals around 2,000 damage on all players and leaves a 30 second Paralysis that cannot be dispelled. Must be Silenced.
Green Golem abilities:
- Demolish - Deals around 3,000 damage on all players.
- Stone Skull - Deals around 3,000 damage on a tank.
- Boulder Clap - A frontal cleave that deals about 5,000-6,000 damage on a tank.
Comets must be fed to these golems by taking them near them. A red comet grants a Damage Up buff on the golems and a yellow one grants them a Haste buff. Both buffs can stack. A golem can only be fed three comets or it will turn into a giant golem that will wipe the party. If any golem is brought too close to another, they will fuse and become a giant golem as well. After about 30 seconds, the golems change colors. Only the green golem must be held by a tank, the other two golems deal negligible damage with their auto-attacks and their AoEs can be dodged or interrupted.
65 seconds after the golems spawn, three more yellow and red comets will fall on random players. These must be placed like in the first phase. Another three green markers appear and must be positioned like the last ones and another three golems spawn.
65 seconds after these golems spawn, Nael will cast Megaflare, dealing high damage on all players and if any comet is left in the field, they will explode, wiping the party, or if two golems are still alive after Megaflare, they will automatically become a giant golem, which will wipe the party. This marks the end of phase 2.
Phase 3 - Heavensfall[edit | edit source]
During Phase 3, Nael is at 65% to 47% health.
- Dalamud Dive - Unchanged from first phase, only used as the opening move.
- Heavensfall - A tower drops on center of the field, knocking all players back. Any player under the tower or who is knocked in to the wall is instantly killed. Tower also casts AoE pulses in a pattern. Any player caught in them is dealt high damage and shall they survive, are inflicted with a Paralysis debuff that cannot be dispelled.
- Super Nova - Shoots two random players, except the highest enmity target with a black hole. Deals little damage when cast but if anyone steps in the black hole after it's cast, they are dealt high damage and should they survive, are inflicted with a Heavy debuff.
- Bahamut's Claw - A single-target attack on the highest enmity target. Hits for around 2,500 damage on a tank, hits twice in a quick succession.
- Binding Coil - Deals low damage and applies Garrote Twist on the target.
The Ghost of Meracydia abilities:
- Deadly Drive - Deals around 5,000-6,000 damage on a tank.
- Binding Chain - Chains two players together and starts applying Garrote stacks on these players. Used at 50% health. If the cast finishes, the chained players are instantly killed.
Phase 4 - Elemental dragons[edit | edit source]
During Phase 4, Nael is below 47% health.
- Raven Dive - Used for Lunar Dynamo instead of Iron Chariot.
- Dalamud Dive - Unchanged from phase 1, used after Meteor Stream.
- Iron Chariot - Now positioned on the highest enmity target, Nael no longer jumps.
- Lunar Dynamo - Now positioned on a random player accompanied by Raven Dive.
- Bahamut's Claw - Now hits five times instead of two.
- Bahamut's Favor - Applies a Damage Up stack on Nael.
- Super Nova - Now targets three players.
- Thermionic Beam - Executes one second faster than in phase 1.
- Meteor Stream - Used on odd Divebombs. Always executed twice. First dives hit after the first divebombs, the second dives after the third dragon dives.
Three dragons outside the area will repeatedly apply debuffs on players:
- Iceball - Cast by Iceclaw. Deals little damage but applies an Icebitten debuff that causes next Iceball to hit for around 8,000 damage. Cycles through all players before hitting the same player again. Debuff is removed by getting hit by Fireball.
- Fireball - Cast on a random player by Firehorn, except the highest enmity target. Deals little AoE damage on a three yalm radius and leaves a Firescorched debuff, causing next Fireball to do 8,000 damage. Debuff is removed by getting hit by Iceball.
- Chain Lightning - Cast by Thunderwing on a random player except the highest enmity target after every Fireball. Deals low damage and applies a Thunderstruck debuff that on expiration, deals high damage to every player within a three yalm radius and inflicts a 30 second Paralysis that cannot be dispelled. The player with the debuff is unaffected by the AoE. Removes Icebitten or Firescorched when applied.
- Cauterize - Widely called the new Divebomb. Two of the dragons dive on the first marked player, followed by the third dragon diving on the second marked player. Starting north, divebombs are positioned between the first two dragons going clockwise around the arena, and the remaining divebomb is placed directly opposite of the first set. There are 3 possible divebomb configurations.
Nael enrages after 13 minutes have passed, casting a 30,000 damage dealing Megaflare on the party.
Savage[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
- Nael deus Darnus
- Dalamud Spawn
- The Ghost of Meracydia
Loot[edit | edit source]
Lua error: not enough memory.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Lua error: not enough memory.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Lua error: not enough memory.
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
Lua error: not enough memory.