Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement
Final Fantasy Wiki

Sash is an accessory in Final Fantasy XII that makes the wearer immune to Slow, and in the Zodiac versions also provides +20 to Speed and halves Fire damage. Wearing multiple pieces of equipment that all give the same elemental resistance does not stack, but certain different types do:

Weakness + Halve = Normal damage
Halve + Absorb = Absorbs half

There are no equipment that makes the wearer weak to fire, and the only fire-absorbing equipment piece is the Gendarme.

Obtain[]

Original[]

In the original PlayStation 2 versions, the Sash is sold for 500 gil in Dyce's shop in Ogir-Yensa Sandsea, Nam-Yensa Sandsea, and the Tomb of Raithwall, as well as by the salesmoogle in Eruyt Village. It is found as a treasure in Ogir-Yensa Sandsea's Central Junction (in the dead-end in the southeast; 75% chance to appear, 20% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is a Sash without the Diamond Armlet Map 27 Ogir Yensa Sandsea) and Ozmone Plain's Field of Fallen Wings (northwest; 60% chance to appear, 40% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is a Sash without the Diamond Armlet Map 29 Ozmone Plain).

Zodiac[]

In the updated Zodiac versions, Sash is not sold in shops but sells for 400 gil. It can be found as a treasure in Giruvegan's The Trimahla Water-Steps (always appears), Pharos - Second Ascent's Station of Ascension (always appears) and Subterra's Abyssal - North (70% chance to appear, 80% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is a Sash without the Diamond Armlet), as well as in Trial Mode stages 70 and 91 with the Diamond Armlet equipped.

The Boss Moogle at the SalikawoodPhon Coast gate gives a Sash as a reward when the player helps find the workers to fix the gate.

Sash can be stolen from the Mandragora Prince in Trial Mode Stage 27.

Use[]

Sash makes the wearer immune to Slow, which makes the afflicted's ATB gauge fill at half pace. An alternative would be to set up gambits for Remedy or Haste. Ribbons also make the Sash redundant as they protect against all status ailments, but are also available late into the game. Hermes Sandals don't make the wearer immune to Slow exactly, but do negate the effect as the wearer has both Haste and Slow at the same time, canceling each other out.

Sash could be useful against enemies that use slowing attacks, but the Slow effect is not all that detrimental: the afflicted can heal themselves and most encounters can be finished easily enough even with half-ATB speed. Hermes Sandals would be the superior accessory to equip against Slow. In the Zodiac versions however, Sash also gives +20 to Speed, a substantial bonus that also boosts damage by certain weapons that take the wielder's Speed into their damage calculation, and halves Fire damage, which is the best Fire protection one can usually have, as there are no Immune:Fire or Absorb:Fire equipment in the game, leaving only the Gendarme that absorbs all elements. These additions make Sash a more worthwhile accessory to use.

Advertisement