It skewers prey with its tusks, extracting game from the safety and comfort of burrows.
Ignis Scientia on the sabertusk
Sabertusk is an enemy in Final Fantasy XV fought in Leide and during the Howling Wind of Hunger hunt. When fought north of Hammerhead between 4 and 8 AM, a slactuar rarely spawns among them. They are easy enemies and good for AP farming when killed with warp-strikes.
A slightly larger version, called the alphatusk (アルファタツク, arufatatsuku?) in the official guide and in the bestiary description under "Gamma", is a slightly larger sabertusk fought during the main quest Hunter Becomes the Hunted. It has the same stats as the regular sabertusk.
A group of five Lv.18 sabertusks also appears in the Leide League and All-Star Monster Mayhem of the Totomostro with a team name Saber Tuskforce.
Bestiary[edit | edit source]
- An omnivorous and ferocious four-legged beast known to form packs and ravage the land. According to legend, it was once the guard dog of the king. Plagued by hunger, however, it ate the young prince, and this canine was cursed to suffer in its current form.
- Size: 12.69 ft. Weight: 472.4 lb.
- A beast that has tormented mankind for ages. It wanders the wilderness, surrounding and attacking prey in a violent whirlwind of claws and fangs. This deadly foe should be slain on sight.
- Size: 13.18 ft. Weight: 492.7 lb.
- The most assertive of sabertusks. Though not all packs possess a leader, those led by an alphatusk are observed to exhibit more aggression. Some have even reported sabertusks rampaging through houses miles from their own natural habitat.
- Size: 13.71 ft. Weight: 523.8 lb.
Hunt[edit | edit source]
|Howling Wind of Hunger||Hammerhead||1||Sabertusk x7||The Weaverwilds (All Times)||2||740 gil, Hi-Elixir||★|
Stats[edit | edit source]
Battle[edit | edit source]
Sabertusks spawn in groups and circle around the player. They sometimes pounce to pin the player down for a button-smashing QTE. They resist fire and are weak to ice. They are weak to daggers and firearms.
Being the basic enemies the player first encounters, they are easily defeated with simple weapon strikes and low level elemancy. Warp-striking them earns easy AP.
Other appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Its Japanese name, Taotie, is one of the "four evil creatures of the world" in ancient Chinese mythology who are opposed by the Four Holy Creatures, the Azure Dragon, Vermilion Bird, White Tiger and Black Tortoise.