The S.S. Winno is a passenger ship in Final Fantasy X operating between the island of Kilika and the city of Luca. Yuna and her guardians board the ship after visiting the temple at Kilika. Others aboard the ship include the Besaid Aurochs, Luca Goers, and Kilika Beasts blitzball teams, members of the Crusaders, and many other passengers bound for Luca.
Wantz appears on the ship, but he will keep running away if Tidus tries to speak to him.
Story[edit | edit source]
Tidus goes to the deck of the ship to see Yuna, but the Luca Goers taunt him when he approaches her. Tidus and Yuna reassure that they will win, but Graav and Bickson simply laugh it off. Tidus can eavesdrop on Wakka and Lulu discussing Tidus and his impact on Yuna's pilgrimage. Tidus can have another conversation with Yuna where she again expresses her belief that his Zanarkand exists.
On the deck, Tidus learns the "Sublimely Magnificent Jecht Shot Mark III", his father's unique blitzball move. Yuna recognizes it as the same move Jecht had shown off to her several times when she was young.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Jecht Shot[edit | edit source]
When Tidus approaches the blitzball on the deck, he has a flashback to one time his father berated him for not being able to perform Jecht's signature move. In anger, Tidus decides to try and learn the Jecht Shot and, should he be successful, the Aurochs and Wakka will be suitably impressed.
Affection mechanics[edit | edit source]
- Watching the conversation between Yuna and the Luca Goers, before eavesdropping on Lulu and Wakka, will increase Yuna's affection value by four.
- Speaking to Yuna after she converses with the Luca Goers, but before Tidus attempts the Jecht Shot will further boost her affection value by four.
- Eavesdropping on Lulu and Wakka a total of four times will increase both their affection values by four. Speaking to Wakka afterwards will further boost his affection value by four. These must be done before attempting the Jecht Shot or speaking to Yuna after she conversed with the Luca Goers.
- As in every other location, when the party is spread out, the one Tidus talks to first gains affection points.
Seagull count minigame[edit | edit source]
This minigame can be started by talking to the woman at the top of the stairs until she asks Tidus to tell her how many seagulls are flying around. Tidus can run around the ship and count the seagulls then return and tell the woman there are 11 of them for the Ace Wizard weapon. The minigame becomes available after completing the Cloister of Trials at Djose Temple.
Items[edit | edit source]
Shop[edit | edit source]
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
The music track played during S.S. Winno's voyage is "Tidus's Theme".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Both S.S. Winno and S.S. Liki were named after monks as revealed by man aboard S.S. Winno. Although from which temple, is not specified.