Story[edit | edit source]
After Yuna completes the Cloister of Trials and becomes a summoner, the following morning she and various other Besaid islanders board the S.S. Liki. Other than Yuna and her guardians, aboard the ship are the Besaid Aurochs (heading to the blitzball tournament in Luca), the Crusaders bound for Operation Mi'ihen, and other residents of Besaid who are most likely going to the tournament. O'aka XXIII is also aboard the ship and Tidus can invest in his merchant business. Tidus also encounters chocobos for the first time in the engine room.
Tidus and Yuna converse on the deck and she lets him know she believes his story about hailing from Zanarkand and reveals Jecht was her father's guardian ten years ago and told her all about Zanarkand.
En route Sin appears in the waters and the Crusaders fear it is heading toward Kilika. They fight as best they can, but Sin breaks free and attacks Kilika, reducing much of the port and village to ruins. It is implied the 'cargo' on the boat is a Sinspawn to be used for Operation Mi'ihen, and this is why the boat is attacked.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Speaking to Wakka before approaching the crowd of people around Yuna at the bow of the ship will increase Wakka's affection value by four.
- As in every other location, when the party is spread out, the one Tidus talks to first gains affection points.
At O'aka's first four locations, S.S Liki being the first, the player can donate him gil to start up his business. The amount of money the player gives O'aka determines the prices at his shops at the Mushroom Rock Road, in the following manner:
- 0 - 100 gil → all items/weapons will get 100% increase in prices.
- 101 - 1000 gil → all items/weapons will get 50% increase in prices.
- 1001 - 10000 → all items/weapons will get 20% increase in prices.
- 10001+ → items/weapons will get 30% discount on all prices.
Items[edit | edit source]
- Potion (kick suitcase in Cabin. Each kick will reward a Potion up to 20. If stock of Potions is 20, the player won't receive anymore)
- Al Bhed Primer vol. III
- Jecht's Sphere (Captain's room, after defeating Spherimorph)
- Friend Sphere (from Clasko, must have told him to become a Chocobo Breeder. Available after gaining airship)
Enemies[edit | edit source]
The Sinscale in both these encounters return until the main boss is defeated.
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
Other appearances[edit | edit source]
Wakka, the Black Mage Lulu, the Ronso Kimahri, and Tidus join Yuna on a ship for Kilika.
- Classic Rewards
|Mastery Reward||Minor Lightning Orb||5|
|First Time Completion||Kenpo Gi (IV)||1|
- Elite Rewards
|Mastery Reward||Greater White Orb||3|
|First Time Completion||Mythril||1|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sin attacking the ship en route to Kilika could have something to do with "Sin always returning for its spawn". Luzzu and Gatta may be guarding Sinspawn Gui in the cargo hold, which is why access is prohibited. It could also be due to Tidus's connection with Sin, since his father is Sin's current armor.
- Both S.S. Winno and S.S. Liki were named after monks as revealed by man aboard S.S. Winno. Although from which temple, is not specified.