I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!
Casts Reflect on all allies.Final Fantasy VI description
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Final Fantasy V
- 1.2 Final Fantasy VI
- 1.3 Final Fantasy VII Remake
- 1.4 Final Fantasy VIII
- 1.5 Final Fantasy IX
- 1.6 Final Fantasy XI
- 1.7 Final Fantasy Tactics
- 1.8 Final Fantasy Dimensions II
- 1.9 Dissidia Final Fantasy
- 1.10 Pictlogica Final Fantasy
- 1.11 Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- 1.12 Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- 1.13 World of Final Fantasy
- 1.14 Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon
- 1.15 Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
- 2 Gallery
- 3 Etymology
- 4 Trivia
Ruby Light is Carbuncle's ability upon being summoned. It costs 45 MP and casts Reflect to all party members. Carbuncle is a LV4 summon.
In its summoning animation, the Guardian Force Carbuncle appears from a hole in the ground. It jumps up and casts Ruby Light on the party, granting them the Reflect status before returning into the hole.
Ruby Light is Carbuncle's default summon ability, which can be changed by equipping Eiko with a Diamond, Emerald, or Moonstone. In its short animation, Ruby Light only grants Reflect, but its long animation casts Protect as well.
Equipping the aforementioned add-ons on Eiko will change Ruby Light into:
- Diamond: Diamond Light casts Vanish (short animation) or Vanish and Protect (long animation).
- Emerald: Emerald Light casts Haste (short animation) or Haste and Protect (long animation).
- Moonstone: Jewel Light casts Shell (short animation) or Shell and Protect (long animation).
Ruby Light is a gameplay element in Abyssea areas that causes Red Pyxides (treasure chests) to drop from monsters more often and yield better items. Ruby Light can be obtained by defeating a monster in a Vision of Abyssea area using using Physical Weapon Skills, or from a Red Pyxides after a set amount of Ruby Light is accumulated (Roughly 20-30% of maximum). Some monsters such as Blood Bats, Caoineag and Pachypodium do not build Ruby Light from Weapon Skills and it must be built from Red Chest drops.
For information on Carbuncle's blood pacts with similar names to his classic ability, such as Searing Light, Shining Ruby, and Glittering Ruby, see Carbuncle.
Carbuncle can be summoned to cast Ruby Light on all allies in an area for 30 MP with a speed of 25. It costs 350 Job Points to learn as a Summoner.
Carbuncle appears with both his Final Fantasy VIII and Final Fantasy XI forms and casts Ruby Light to equal the opponent's Brave with the summoner's.
Ruby Light is an active ability that bestows Reflect on all targets for 8 AP. It can be used by Carbuncle.