Located in the Dalmasca Desert, the Royal City of Rabanastre was previously the capital of the Kingdom of Dalmasca before it was annexed by the Garlean Empire at around the same time as Doma. Like Doma, Rabanastre revolted several times, leading to a brutal repression from the Empire and its abandon by its residents.
Seeking to light the truth on the event of the legendary War of the Lions, Jenomis cen Lexentale, a famous Garlean playwright, disappeared while leading an archaeological expedition to the ruins of the city, which he believed was built on top of the legendary Lesalia. Following an unsuccessful rescue attempt by his son Ramza, the Warrior of Light is asked by his daughter Alma to brave the mysterious beings that have overrun the city and shed light on what happened to Jenomis.
- Arrive at the Crumbling Bridge
- Defeat Mateus, the Corrupt
- Arrive in the Palace Square
- Defeat Hashmal, Bringer of Order
- Arrive in the Garamsythe Waterway
- Clear the Garamsythe Waterway
- Defeat Rofocale
- Arrive at the Lesalia Temple ruins
- Slay Argath Thadalfus
Dalmasca Estersand Edit
After getting off the airship the party arrives in the Dalmasca Estersand, after traveling a few steps the party comes across a herd of red chocobos crossing the sands.
Crumbling Bridge Edit
Upon arriving at the crumbling bridge the group comes across one of the mysterious beings Alma mentioned and at once the weather turns cold and it snow begins to fall. The party is faced against Mateus, the Corrupt. Mateus will use water and ice attacks against the players, and at the start of the battle, he will have five Ice Azers, that will attack players and cast blizzard, once killed they will explode with Hypothermal Combustion.
- Unbind - Mateus releases the Goddess and she begins skating around the arena in a spiral to freeze water droplets and water spouts, players need to run into the small water droplets, and three players need to be on a water spout to deactivate it. Players will also need to defeat the Aqua spheres, and watch out for her path or she will freeze players affected with the Drowned debuff.
- Flash-Freeze - A conal attack that will occasionally hit the tank.
- Rebind - all of the Unbind mechanics will be removed from the platform
- Blizzard IV -Mateus will summon Ice blocks that will deal proximity damage to players.
- Snowpierce - Column AoE that follows players.
For the next phase of the fight Mateus will submerge the players in water and give them the Breathless debuff that will stack periodically, once it reaches ten stacks the player will die. To deal with this players will need to defeat the Flume Toads to form air bubbles. Players will be followed by a column AoE, these cannot hit the bubbles or they will pop. Once the breathless phase is over, everyone will be affected with the drenched debuff, and blizzard spheres will tether to players, anyone caught within its chill attack while drenched will become frozen. Next Mateus will move to the center and become invulnerable and summon Azure Guards, these need to be separated and killed quickly before Mateus's aether gauge fills. Once the adds are defeated Mateus will unleash his ultimate attack Frostwave dealing damage to all players.
Muthru Bazaar Edit
Moving across the crumbled bridge the alliance enters the city, and comes across Seeq bandits that are looting the deserted city. Not wanting to fight the seeq's have Black Chocobos fight for them and in the midst of the battle a Red Chocobo appears, and summons a choco meteor, knocking out the Seeq's and any player caught within proximity. The raided chests will then transform into Rabanastran Mimics.
Palace Square Edit
Here the players face off against Hashmal, Bringer of Order, he will use earth based attacks against players.
- Quake IV - Raid wide damage.
- Jagged Edge - Large red circles will follow players.
- Control Tower - Hashmall will summon a large pillar out of the ground
- Sanction - Raid wide AoE damage that will also cut the pillar in a specific direction, players will need to move to avoid being crushed.
- Extreme Edge - Hashmal will leave and appear on one side of the platform to dash across the arena. Go to the opposite side of the glowing arm to avoid the high damage and Flesh Wound debuff.
- Rockcutter - heavy hitting tank buster.
- Earth Hammer - Hammers will appear above the platform, move out of its shadow to avoid death.
For the next phase of the fight Hashmal will move to the center of the arena and cast Command Tower which will summon a giant tower that needs to be destroyed before it reaches 100. During this Sand Spheres will spawn and need to be destroyed by each alliance, or everyone will die. Players need to stay with their alliances for Falling Boulder. after the destruction of the tower, Hashmal will use his ultimate attack Landwaster, dealing raid wide damage.
For the Third phase of the fight Golems will appear that need to be destroyed or they will get bigger and increase their damage. Hashmal will then move to the center again and use Submission Tower this summons three towers that will fall into the arena and divide the arena into three sections, and three Sand Spheres will appear again.
North End Edit
Following the defeat of Hashmal the party moves onto the North End where they come across three seeq bandits huddled around a treasure chest. Once opened the chest reveals two Archeolions, and one Archeaodemon. The Archeolions will behave like Chimeras, and the Archeodemon will cast Unholy Darkness and Karma AoEs.
Garamsythe Waterway Edit
Jumping into the depths the party finds themselves within the Garamsythe Waterway, each Alliance will be split up, and take different routes, route B will take players underwater and find hidden writing on the walls.
Lesalia Garden Ruins Edit
After trekking through the Waterways, players will come across the forgotten Royal City of Lesalia. Traveling down into the Lesalia Garden ruins reveals the monster Rofocale, a Lucavi demon residing within the garden.
- Crush Helm - 4 physical vulnerability attacks, and a final attack on the tank.
- Chariot - will target a player and charge at them.
- Cry of Victory - An ability that will affect half of the arena, move behind to avoid.
- Crush Weapon - Will target random players with AoEs.
- Trample - Rofocale will move into a figure 8 pattern that will trample players.
- Maverick - Clones will spawn around the platform and rush in a straight line.
Eventually Rofocale will move to the center of the arena and begin charging his Aetherial Acceleration meter, during this he will summon three Archeaodemons that need to be defeated within a prison. Once defeated Rofocale will circle around the arena and use Heavenly Subjugation to avoid this players need to move to the opposite side of where he stopped. For the next phase of the fight Rofocale will use some new abilities.
- Embrace - circular traps that will bind players, that have walked over it.
- Pomp and Circumstance - Proximity based damage.
- Dark Geas - The arena will go dark and players will be affected with a bleed debuff, players will need to interact with all circles on the ground to survive.
Lesalia Temple Ruins Edit
Further on into the ruins the party finds Jenomis unconscious on the far end of the area, A man appears and transforms into the Lucavi Demon Duma. He introduces himself as Argath Thadalfus and proclaims to be the rightful king of Ivalice. During this fight doing mechanics incorrectly or being hit by certain attacks,will give a stackable Unnerved debuff, at three stacks players will turn craven and run around aimlessly.
- Crippling Blow - Hard hitting tank buster.
- Crush Weapon - Will target random players with AoEs.
- Soulfix - Point blank AoE attack.
- Divine Commandments - Argath will summon masks, and whichever mask flashes you either have to obey or disobey the mechanic. White angel face is obey, and the Blue demon face is disobey.
- Trepidition - Meteors will fall down into the platform, that need to be stood in.
- Unrelenting - Frontal attack.
- Judgement Blade - 2 players will have blades over their heads that will drop long cross shaped AoE's.
- Coldblood - Boss disappears and a proximity marker will appear.
- Royal Blood - Multiple copies of Argath will appear as Shades and tether to players, these need to be defeated or they will use Unholy Sacrifice and unnerve players.
- Empty Soul - Argath will summon Shards of Emptiness that must be destroyed before the gauge is filled.
- Dark Ultima - Ability used after shards are destroyed or gauge is filled.
- Gnawing Dread - Confuse character and the arrow above your head will spin indicating the direction of where you're going.
- Fire IV - Raid wide damage.
- Mateus, the Corrupt
- Ice Azer
- Ice Slave
- Blizzard III
- Azure Guard
- Flume Toad
- Black Chocobo
- Rabanastran Mimic
- Hashmal, Bringer of Order
- Command Tower
- Sand Sphere
- Pennantstone Golem
- Stout Seeq Bandit
- Seasoned Seeq Bandit
- Staunch Seeq Bandit
- Argath Thadalfus
- Shard of Emptiness
- This is the first appearance of both Rofocale and Duma, Lucavi names that were shown in the background of the saving screen in Final Fantasy Tactics.
- The writing in the tunnels of Route B in the Garamsythe Waterways dates back to the War of the Lions.
- The lines Argath Thadalfus uses are phrases he says to other characters in Final Fantasy Tactics.