Ronin is an enemy in Final Fantasy XV fought in Greyshire Glacial Grotto, Daurell Caverns, the Steyliff Grove maze, and during the Bewitched Blade Stains the Waters hunt. They can also randomly attack at night.
A Lv.26 ronin fights in the Leide League of Totomostro at night with a team name Killer for Hire.
Bestiary[edit | edit source]
- A humanoid daemon that specializes in close combat and slicing through foes with its gently curved blade. Those unfortunate enough to encounter this warrior rarely survive to tell the tale. Although most famous for lurking in dank caves like the Daurell Caverns, several eyewitnesses report the ronin wandering the wilds at night.
- Size: 9.02 ft. Weight: 622.3 lb.
- Though seemingly identical to the ronin of Lucis, this breed of daemon somehow found its way across the sea to Altissia. Hunters are quick to dispatch this dangerous daemon, so little is known about its abilities, but those who have bested this ronin in battle have praised its power.
- Size: 9.08 ft. Weight: 626.3 lb.
- A daemon who wanders the inner sanctum of Steyliff Grove. This specimen is stronger than the average ronin and reigns supreme over the deepest part of the ruins. Its behavioral patterns, however, show little variance from those of its brethren.
- Size: 9.22 ft. Weight: 660.5 lb.
Hunt[edit | edit source]
|Bewitched Blade Stains the Waters||Altissia||1||Ronin x1||Altissia (Nighttime)||17||3,130 gil, Megalixir||★★|
Stats[edit | edit source]
Lvl 17 Enemy
Lvl 80 Enemy
Battle[edit | edit source]
The ronin uses both physical and magical attacks, and is weak to one-handed swords, daggers and lightning. It employs Dark-elemental attacks capable of causing Instant Death. The ronin keeps its katana sheathed, but places its hand on the hilt when ready to slice with it, allowing an observant player to prepare a parry and counter-attack.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Instant Death protection via food (Fettini di Cernia at Altissia or Tide Grouper Carpaccio at camp) or Safety Bit/Ribbon/Medjay Assassin's Robe is useful. The player should watch the ronin's moves and parry and counter its attacks. Ronin being weak to daggers and lightning might make character-swapping to Ignis worthwhile. The party can also unleash lightning-elemental elemancy.
Other appearances[edit | edit source]
Ronin are the first enemies that appear in the game. They can be attacked without any issue unless they are wearing red robes, in which case they can block most of Regis's attacks. Their block must be broken with a Strong Slash (/) before they can be harmed.