Welcome to Rokol, cadet. As you can see, the town has yet to recover from the damage done during the war, but it nevertheless maintains a charming quaintness.
Rokol (ロコル, Rokoru?) is a town in Final Fantasy Type-0 located on the Iscah Region. It is liberated on Chapter 3 and becomes visitable. The town has been damaged by the war, but is described as charming. The cadets run into Naghi Minatsuchi in an imperial disguise ready to supply Class Zero with magitek armor to sneak into Militesi territory. The magitek armor parts were salvaged from the field by dominion forces and assembled with a lot of money and time. Interacting with the MA starts the mission Operation MA Demolition.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Maona's Crystal[edit | edit source]
Heh. I know a snooper when I see one. Don't worry whether the gossip is 'good enough'--just get some info and leave the judging to me. Well, good luck and let the search for secrets begin!
A self-titled Scoop Scavenger in town wants in on the latest gossip and asks Class Zero to snoop around for secrets from the Dominion Legionaries occupying Rokol. The cadet needs to talk to each legionary in Rokol and the dominion quaestor at the town entrance, then return to the Scoop Scavenger and divulge the findings.
- The legionary right next to the Scoop Scavenger has heard rumors of a nigh indecipherable tome called the Akashic Records said to contain information on Orience's past, present, and future.
- The legionary on the opposite side of the street explains that the Nameless Tome is an anthology of anonymous letters sent to the four peristylia long ago. The book is said to talk about Agito and Tempus Finis.
- The legionary next to the magitek armor tells that the Nameless Tome prophesies the appearance of a legendary figure, Agito, who will save Orience from the apocalypse, and likens the prophesy to Class Zero.
- One of the legionaries by the town entrance says the Nameless Tome talks about Tempus Finis.
- The other legionary by the entrance divulges that until recently he "couldn't make it through the night without having an accident."
- The quaestor by the entrance explains that Akademeia was established as a facility to cultivate cadets to become Agito.
Talking to the Scoop Scavenger afterward earns Maona's Crystal.
Challenged by a Child[edit | edit source]
Shops[edit | edit source]
Merchant 1[edit | edit source]
Please, you gotta help me out. I've got tons of stuff on sale, so be a sport and buy something--anything!
The first Rokol merchant sells presents.
Merchant 2[edit | edit source]
I've got a family to feed. You don't want my poor kids to go hungry, do you? Please, I'm begging you--just buy something!
The second merchant sells weapons and accessories.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The town scoop starts his pitch by saying "What's the word, Vermilion Bird?" This alludes to certain songs from the 1960s. "Surfin' Bird" is a song performed by the American surf rock band The Trashmen that is a combination of two R&B hits by The Rivingtons: "Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow" and "The Bird's the Word", which was influenced by Red Prysock's "What's the word? Thunderbird!"