Template:FFXII Enemy The Rogue Tomato is a Mark in the game Final Fantasy XII. It is the first Mark found in the game, and is the only one required to advance the story. It is found in the Dalmasca Estersand and is easily defeated.
If for whatever reason the player needs to return to Rabanastre before killing the Rogue Tomato, they can stand in a line at the gate by talking to the 'Queue Watch' and wait until the line clears.
Hunt 01: Red & Rotten in the Desert
- Petitioner: Tomaj
- Petitioner's Location: Rabanastre/East End (The Sandsea)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of the Rogue Tomato (Rank I) at the Sandsea Tavern. Tomaj explained the details.
- Hunt accepted. The Rogue Tomato is to be found in the Dalmasca Estersand.
- Rogue Tomato defeated! Report to Tomaj at the Sandsea Tavern in Rabanastre.
- Hunt reported to Tomaj. First hunt successfully completed!
- Genus: Rank I Mark
- Classification: Deadly Nightshade
A vexing Representative of the Deadly Nightshade Family has been sighted nearby Rabanastre! Thankfully, it is apparently a Rogue, outcast from its Kin, a Stranger in a strange Land, no longer possessed of those deadly Powers it once wielded with Impunity.
In its Loneliness, it has taken to attacking Travelers and Merchants, and so did Tomaj, an Associate of Vaan, post a Bill for this Mark.
Template:Cropped Image As the first hunt of the game, this battle is fairly easy. Try to avoid the Wolves close by, as they are still rather strong compared to Vaan at this point of the game. After halving its HP, the Rogue Tomato will leap from his location and the player will have to finish him off from there. It is important though to stay away from its Flame Breath ability as it can cause high damage.
The Rogue Tomato has a unique quirk in fighting it, in that when it flees from the plateau, it counts as though Vaan killed it. This will break the player's battle chain, if they have one, and will allow them to chain the Rogue Tomato with itself if they approach it without killing any other nearby enemies. This also allows the player to Steal from the Rogue Tomato twice.
The player will also receive a handful of Galbana Lilies after a short cutscene following the end of the battle, but will lose them after they are trampled on by an Imperial Chocobo participating in the Consul's parade.
Rogue Tomato appears as an enemy in Pictlogica Final Fantasy.
- The King Tomato minion from Final Fantasy XIV alludes to the Rogue Tomato with a quote: "It is apparently a rogue, outcast from its kin, a stranger in a strange land" attributed to Tomaj. In Final Fantasy XII Tomaj tasks Vaan to fell the Rogue Tomato as the first hunt.