If for whatever reason the player needs to return to Rabanastre before killing the Rogue Tomato, they can stand in a line at the gate by talking to the Queue Watch and wait until the line clears.
Defeating the Rogue Tomato in The Zodiac Age awards the "Galbana Bloom" trophy/achievement.
Hunt 01: Red & Rotten in the DesertEdit
- Petitioner: Tomaj
- Petitioner's Location: Rabanastre/East End (The Sandsea)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of the Rogue Tomato (Rank I) at the Sandsea Tavern. Tomaj explained the details.
- Hunt accepted. The Rogue Tomato is to be found in the Dalmasca Estersand.
- Rogue Tomato defeated! Report to Tomaj at the Sandsea Tavern in Rabanastre.
- Hunt reported to Tomaj. First hunt successfully completed!
A vexing Representative of the Deadly Nightshade Family has been sighted nearby Rabanastre! Thankfully, it is apparently a Rogue, outcast from its Kin, a Stranger in a strange Land, no longer possessed of those deadly Powers it once wielded with Impunity.
In its Loneliness, it has taken to attacking Travelers and Merchants, and so did Tomaj, an Associate of Vaan, post a Bill for this Mark.
|Ram||Use all battle (25%)|
|Flame Breath||Use once when HP <40%|
As the first hunt this battle is fairly easy, though the tomato's Flame Breath can deal good damage (but it will only use it once). After halving its HP, the Rogue Tomato will leap from the precipice and the player must finish it off on the lower ground. When it flees from the plateau, it counts as though the player killed it. This will break the battle chain (if there was one) and allows one to chain the Rogue Tomato with itself if they approach it without killing other enemies. This also allows the player to steal from the Rogue Tomato twice.
The player will also receive a handful of Galbana Lilies after a short cutscene following the end of the battle, but will lose them after they are trampled on by an Imperial chocobo participating in the Consul's parade.
Rogue Tomato appears as an enemy.
- The King Tomato minion from Final Fantasy XIV alludes to the Rogue Tomato with a quote: "It is apparently a rogue, outcast from its kin, a stranger in a strange land" attributed to Tomaj. In Final Fantasy XII Tomaj tasks Vaan to fell the Rogue Tomato as the first hunt.
- Rogue Tomato might be an allusion to Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, a 1978 musical black comedy horror film that is a spoof of B movies. Made on a budget of less than US$100,000, the story involves tomatoes becoming sentient and revolting against humanity.
- The Rogue Tomato has fangs in its PlayStation 2 bestiary entry, but the actual in-game model lacks them.