Reyner Hansred is a non-playable character in Final Fantasy XIV. Formerly of the Knights of the Barracuda, Reyner leads the Yellowjackets in protecting Limsa's citizens. He has never sailed beneath a pirate flag, but rather began his career as an officer under his mentor, Commodore Sthalmann of the Barracudas.
Final Fantasy XIV (version 1.0)
When the adventurer visits the Musketeers' Guild, Reyner delivers his gun to the adventurer but Mannskoen confiscates it and gives a warning for delivering a gun to a civilian. Mannskoen does not notify that he confiscated the gun and the adventurer remains in the custody of the city-state until the adventurer having an audience with Reyner and being released.
Reyner is seen in a view from echo alongside former Commodore Sthalmann where the Knights of the Barracuda raided the the Astalicia and captured the pirate Emerick who was suspected of conspiring with the Sahagins.
After Sthalmann's dishonorable discharge, Reyner provisionally attained the rank of commodore. As the Trident, a race to decide the next admiral, approaches, Sthalmann who is now known as Rostnsthal steals a Kraken's Arms register and tries to sell it to Commodore Reyner, but Reyner refuses the offer. Eventually Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn triumphs at the Trident and takes over as Limsa Lominsa's admiral. Proving himself a trustworthy commander in the eyes of his men, Merlwyb allowed him to stay on—an unusual decision, as most admirals tend to nominate their bosom friends as commodores.
- Encyclopædia Eorzea: The World of Final Fantasy XIV, p. 98
- Final Fantasy XIV, Limsa Lominsa's main quest "Treasures of the Main" in version 1.0.
- Final Fantasy XIV, Limsa Lominsa's main quest "Never the Twain Shall Meet" in version 1.0.
- Final Fantasy XIV, Limsa Lominsa's main quest "Legends Adrift" in version 1.0.
- Final Fantasy XIV, Marauder quest "Captain's Orders" in version 1.0.