"Revolutions" is the main theme of Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. It was composed by Nobuo Uematsu and orchestrated by Tsutomu Narita, with lyrics by Michael-Christopher Koji Fox and Banri Oda, and sung by Susan Calloway.
The theme is about humanity, weakness and strength.
"Revolutions" plays during the Stormblood main scenario ending credits.
At least four different instrumental arrangements of the theme play during cutscenes throughout Stormblood. Out of all of them, only "Victory or Death" has an official name and none of them are available on the original soundtrack.
"Revolutions" is the 46th track and "Nightbloom" is the 103rd track in Stormblood: Final Fantasy XIV Original Soundtrack.
The lyrics were released on the Stormblood: Final Fantasy XIV Original Soundtrack along with the Japanese translation. With the release of Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker, the lyrics were revisited on the Developers' Blog.
The official lyrics released have typos and differences in some of the sung words, as written below and unedited.
- Sing a song of dawn
- Dawn, the day reborn
- Breathe deep of the dawn before the storm
- This hearth
- This home
- Wrested forth from tired fingers
- Bathed in blood
- And sealed in stone
- Souls scarred
- Beckoned by the bells of vengeance
- Spirits bold
- A lover lost
- A family torn
- A solemn pyre raised to rouse the slumb'ring heavens
- Fire in your eyes and
- Fire in your hearts
- Steeled as you sound the horns of war
- Yet know the cost
- for who shall mourn
- When light is quenched that another might burn brighter?
- Let not the rays
- Of justice blind
- E'er trust in grace and she shall guide
- Soft is the breeze that can set a petal free
- And yet 'tis the storm that doth see the petal soar
- High o'er the trees in the throes of Liberty
- 'Til unstirring skies consign her to memory
- One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
- One sovereign's war is another sovereign's peace
- One mother's pride is another mother's sorrow
- their tears both soak the land that they love
- Two lives
- Two swords
- Given in to shadowed whispers
- Wicked words
- Pray tell me true—
- Doth louder toll
- A rivals' cry
- Or the oaths that spur her onward?
- Your time is come
- A choice bestown
- Tonight, for bygone sins atone
- This night, you need not walk alone
- Japanese translation
A concert performance of "Revolutions" orchestrated by Tsutomu Narita for the Eorzean Symphony with Sachiko Miyano as the orchestration assistant, was recorded and appears on this album. It was conducted by Hirofumi Kurita and performed by the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra and the Nikikai Chorus Group, with Susan Calloway as the vocalist.
It is also in the Eorzean Symphony: Final Fantasy XIV Orchestral Album Vol.2 (Concert version).
Arrangement album appearances
A piano arrangement of "Revolutions" by Keiko appears again in this album, with Keiko as the pianist and the vocals provided by Susan Calloway.