The hidden temple, Remiem. I'll be waiting. Come, and I will train you.Belgemine
Remiem is an abandoned temple of Yevon on the south eastern side of the Calm Lands in Final Fantasy X. The path to the temple is located near the entrance to the Macalania Woods, but can only be accessed by riding a chocobo.
It is the only remaining sign of a prewar city in the Calm Lands. No living people in Spira continue to visit the temple, and the only inhabitants are the unsent summoner Belgemine and the fayth of the aeon Magus Sisters. The temple is a large and ornate structure, which was once bustling, but became forgotten after Sin tore the earth asunder with the last of its strength while combating high summoner Gandof. Remiem Temple is surrounded by the same mountain range that Mt. Gagazet belongs to.
Remiem Temple is located in the southeast of the Calm Lands. Follow the uphill cliff towards the south on a chocobo and there will be a yellow chocobo feather there. Use it to drop down below and continue eastward to find the once secret location.
To receive the aeon, the player must complete three challenges:
- After opening the Monster Arena, the player must catch at least one of each fiend at Mt. Gagazet to obtain the Blossom Crown.
- Fight and defeat to first five Belgemine's aeons. After defeating her Bahamut, Belgemine will give the party the Flower Sceptre.
- Obtain Yojimbo in Cavern of the Stolen Fayth, and Anima in Baaj Temple.
The player can then break the seal guarding the entrance to the Chamber of the Fayth with the items and obtain the Magus Sisters.
In Final Fantasy X-2, the temple has been sealed off.
The Moon SigilEdit
The player can continue to fight Belgemine's aeons (Yojimbo, Anima, and the Magus Sisters will only appear if Yuna already has them). When all the aeons are defeated, Yuna can send Belgemine to the Farplane. After she is gone, Yuna will obtain the Moon Sigil for her Celestial Weapon, Nirvana.
The Chocobo ChallengeEdit
The player rides a chocobo through the maze of platforms below the temple and has to reach the finish mark at the bottom before the opponent chocobo. The first time the player wins the challenge, they will get the Cloudy Mirror, which can be upgraded to the Celestial Mirror in Macalania Woods. The chocobo race can be run numerous times for additional prizes, but each prize can only be won once for a total of five prizes. The more chests that are touched, the better the prize. A good strategy for this is to try to obtain 5 chests, then work down, as it gets easier to obtain fewer chests every time.
These prizes are:
- 1 Chest: Elixir
- 2 Chests: Megalixir
- 3 Chests: Wings to Discovery (x30)
- 4 Chests: Pendulum (x30)
- 5 Chests: Three Stars (x60)
If one manages to open all six chests by increasing the chocobo's speed via hacking, the reward is only a Potion, just like when opening the same number of chests twice, or hitting at least one colored pole.
- Al Bhed Primer vol. XXIV
- Cloudy Mirror (win the Chocobo race for first time)
- Lightning Gem x4 (defeat Belgemine's Valefor for first time)
- Summoner's Soul (defeat Belgemine's Valefor for first time, if not obtained from previous battle)
- Power Sphere x4 (defeat Belgemine's Valefor thereafter)
- X-Potion x30 (defeat Belgemine's Ifrit for the first time)
- Aeon's Soul (defeat Belgemine's Valefor/Ifrit for the first time, if not obtained from previous battle)
- Mana Sphere x5 (defeat Belgemine's Ifrit thereafter)
- Chocobo Feather x10 (defeat Belgemine's Ixion for the first time)
- Power Sphere x8 (defeat Belgemine's Ixion thereafter)
- Mega-Potion x60 (defeat Belgemine's Shiva for the first time)
- Star Curtain x6 (defeat Belgemine's Shiva thereafter)
- Flower Scepter (defeat Belgemine's Bahamut for the first time)
- Mana Sphere x8 (defeat Belgemine's Bahamut thereafter)
- Shadow Gem x8 (defeat Belgemine's Yojimbo for the first time)
- Power Sphere x10 (defeat Belgemine's Yojimbo thereafter)
- Stamina Spring x60 (defeat Belgemine's Anima for the first time)
- Mana Sphere x10 (defeat Belgemine's Anima thereafter)
- Shining Gem x40 (defeat Belgemine's Magus Sisters for the first time)
- Power Sphere x12 (defeat Belgemine's Magus Sisters thereafter)
- Moon Sigil (defeat all Belgemine's aeons; including Yojimbo, Anima and Magus Sisters; then send Belgemine)
- Defense Sphere (from Chamber of the Fayth, after gaining airship and completing mandatory visit to Bevelle)
- Valefor (Boss)
- Ifrit (Boss)
- Ixion (Boss)
- Shiva (Boss)
- Bahamut (Boss)
- Yojimbo (Boss)
- Anima (Boss)
- Cindy, Sandy, Mindy (Boss)
"Gloom" is the theme that plays when inside the temple. "Chocobo Jam" plays during the Chocobo Race.
- Remiem was lost during Lord Gandof's battle with Sin in the Calm Lands 400 years ago. This makes him the second person to defeat Sin after Yunalesca. However, his, Lord Ohalland, Lady Yocun and Lord Braska's statues are all present on display here like in any other inhabited temple.
- Yuna's aeons do not pose after they defeat Belgemine's aeons in Remiem Temple.