The Red Moon is the smaller of the two moons orbiting the Earth in Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. The Lunarians dwell in the Red Moon in their Lunar Sleep, as do the Hummingway and Bahamut. It has eight Crystals.
- 1 Map
- 2 Locations
- 3 Enemies
- 4 Musical theme
- 5 Other appearances
- 6 Gallery
- 7 Etymology
- 8 Trivia
Map[edit | edit source]
- Move mouse cursor over a location for a link to that location's article.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Lunar Tunnel
- Crystal Palace
- Hummingway Home
- Lair of the Father
- Lunar Subterrane
- Lunar Ruins
- Impact Crater (The After Years)
- Challenge Dungeon (The After Years)
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Final Fantasy IV[edit | edit source]
- Eukaryote, Prokaryote x2
- Eukaryote x2, Prokaryote
- Black Flan x2, Lunar Virus x2
- Black Flan x2, Dark Grenade x2
- Prokaryote, Black Flan x2
- Balloon x2, Dark Grenade x2
- Lunar Virus x2, Eukaryote x2, Dark Grenade
The After Years[edit | edit source]
- White Mousse x3
- Mors x3
- Balloon x2
- Caterpillar x3
- Purple Bavarois x4
- Coeurl x2
- Purple Bavarois, White Mousse, Black Flan
- Gavel Worm
Musical theme[edit | edit source]
Other appearances[edit | edit source]
Dissidia Final Fantasy (2008)[edit | edit source]
The Lunar Subterrane stage is based on the Red Moon's surface, and was originally named "Moon Canyon" in Japan. It features the Crystal Palace, the Lunar Whale and the Earth on its background.
The Lunar Subterrane stage returns and is again based on the Red Moon's surface, It features the Crystal Palace, the Lunar Whale and the Earth on its background.
The Red Moon appears alongside the normal moon in the background during Field Music Sequences for Final Fantasy IV themes.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Dev:Arguments' not found.
The Red Moon is present returns in Itadaki Street Mobile as a stage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The world of Terra in Final Fantasy IX may partially be inspired by the Red Moon, as its citizens dwell in a deep sleep similar to the Lunar Sleep, and the planet has a red moon. The planet of Gaia has two moons: its original blue moon, and Terra's red moon.
- Dalamud in Final Fantasy XIV may also be inspired by the Red Moon, being itself a red moon constructed by an ancient civilization and playing host to Bahamut.
- Cydonia is a region on the planet Mars and contains the "Face on Mars" feature which is located about half-way between Arandas Crater and Bamberg Crater. Mars is often described as the "Red Planet" because the iron oxide prevalent on its surface gives it a reddish appearance. A similar "face" can be found on the Red Moon, a pattern of craters and a rock resembling a smiley.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Dev:NavboxBuilder' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Dev:NavboxBuilder' not found.