They also appear in Timed Quests alongside saphyrtails on the following days of the month: 2, 9, 19 and 23, where the hunt yields 50 QP. They can be good for grinding AP in these Timed Quests as so many spawn and the player can kill them with warp-strikes.
A Lv.23 reaperking also appears in the Leide League and All-Star Monster Mayhem of the Totomostro. Its team name is Obelisks.
- A reapertail variant with a preference for the arid climes of Leide. This longevous arachnid matures to heights greater than a grown man. The species lacks the poison of its brethren, but the brute force of its claws and tail will neutralize most any foe.
- Size: 16.10 ft. Weight: 553.5 lb.
- A reaperking whose domain centers around the foot of the Rock of Ravatogh. To one who finds the common reapertail sufficiently intimidating, this magnified monarch will appear as something out of a nightmare. Its mere presence in the vicinity of Faeryss Gush was enough to keep most tourists at bay until the Hunters stepped in.
- Size: 15.91 ft. Weight: 525.3 lb.
|Pointiest Pins in the Volcano||Verinas Mart - Ravatogh||6||Reaperking x3||Ravatoghan Trail (All Times)||47||12,090 gil, Mega Phoenix||★★★|
Reaperkings use piercing attacks that ignore the player's Vitality. They are weak to swords, greatswords, an lightning. In the Rock of Ravatogh they can be found fighting Spiracorns. They cleave and crush with their claws, impale with their stingers, and a headbutt to knock back incoming opponents. The player can initiate cross chain against them.
Throwing lightning-elemental Elemancy at them works well, as do Gladiolus's area of effect Techniques when they are in groups. Getting behind it to trigger link-strikes with party members is powerful, as it is weak to the weapons that commonly trigger them.
- The reaperking's bestiary entries are swapped in the Archives, the Lv.29 type being erroneusly noted as the hunt version.