Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement
Final Fantasy Wiki

Quasimodo Boots are an accessory in Final Fantasy XII that make the wearer immune to Sap, and also provide a large +500 boost to the wearer's HP in the Zodiac versions.

Obtain[]

Original[]

In the original PlayStation 2 versions, Quasimodo Boots are sold for 800 gil in Mt Bur-Omisace (after defeating Judge Bergan), Mosphoran Highwaste and Phon Coast. They are found in a treasure in Ozmone Plain's The Switchback (between the exits to the Greensnake and Haulo Green; 60% chance to appear, 33% chance for gil, 10% chance the item treasure is Quasimodo Boots with the Diamond Armlet equipped Map 29 Ozmone Plain), Paramina Rift's Frozen Brook (nearest to the northern exits; 50% chance to appear, 40% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Quasimodo Boots without the Diamond Armlet Map 30 Paramina Rift), and Cerobi Steppe's Map 04 Cerobi Steppe North Liavell Hills (50% chance to appear, 65% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Quasimodo Boots without the Diamond Armlet) and Feddik River (50% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 10% chance the item treasure is Quasimodo Boots with the Diamond Armlet equipped).

Quasimodo Boots are made in the bazaar in the "Shoes of the Dead" set by selling one Zombie Powder (from Banshee) and one Destrier Mane (from Mesmenir).

The Boss Moogle gifts the party a pair of Quasimodo Boots after they help find the craftsmoogles to repair the Salikawood–Phon Coast gate.

Zodiac[]

In the updated Zodiac versions, the Quasimodo Boots cannot be bought from shops, but sell for 400 gil. They are found as a treasure in Lhusu Mines' Site 5 (25% chance to appear, but is always the Quasimodo Boots), Pharos - Second Ascent's Station of Banishment (always appears), and Subterra's Abyssal - North (70% chance to appear, 80% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Quasimodo Boots without the Diamond Armlet), as well as in Trial Mode Stage 64 with the Diamond Armlet equipped.

They are still made in the bazaar in the "Shoes of the Dead" set with the same requirements as before.

Use[]

The Quasimodo Boots make the wearer immune to Sap, which makes the afflicted continually lose HP. An alternative would be to set up gambits for Regen. Equipment that gives Auto-Regen (Ring of Renewal accessory or the Renewing Morion light headgear), or the Tourmaline Ring in the Zodiac versions, also neutralize the effects of Sap. Ribbons protect against all status ailments, but are available late into the game.

The boots' +500 HP in the Zodiac versions is their most useful property, as Tourmaline Ring was made to protect against both Poison and Sap. This boost comes in especially handy in Weak Mode. For protection against Sap, the Auto-Regen equipment or the Tourmaline Ring/Ribbon are superior.

Etymology[]

Quasimodo is the central character of the Victor Hugo gothic novel The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, a deaf hunchbacked and mighty yet gentle bell-ringer of Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral in the 16th century.

Quasimodo Boots granting immunity to the Sap status may refer to the novel's Quasimodo enduring hardships. Being known as "boots of the dead" may also refer to the ending of the original iteration of the novel, in where Quasimodo's skeleton is found embracing Esmeralda's in death.

Advertisement