Pylraster is a Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt becomes available after the storyline events in the Pharos. The hunt is petitioned by Rikken, but he is not sure where to find it. The player can find the Pylraster at the entrance to the Pharos.
It is also fought in at Stage 85 of Trial Mode along with an Abelisk and a Terror Tyrant in the Zodiac versions, where the following items can be stolen from it: Renewing Morion (uncommon) and Brave Suit (rare).
Clan Primer[edit | edit source]
Hunt 32. Who's The Strongest!?[edit | edit source]
- Petitioner: Rikken
- Petitioner's Location: Balfonheim Port (Saccio Lane)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of the Pylraster (Rank VII). The petitioner is Rikken on Saccio Lane in Balfonheim.
- Hunt accepted. Rikken searches for someone who can defeat the legendary Pylraster. Only then will it be clear who is the strongest in the world. The Pylraster is famed for its strength, yet its whereabouts are unknown.
- Pylraster defeated! Report to Rikken on Saccio Lane in Balfonheim.
- Hunt reported. Rikken recognizes your strength, though he holds back the title of fastest runner.
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- The most violent of all known Wyrmkin in existence today, considered a Mark of the highest Priority for its ceaseless Attacks upon all manner of Peoples. Many are the Hunters who have assayed its Vanquishing, but none have succeeded. The petition for the hunting of this truly Fell Creature comes from one of the Pirates in Reddas's Employ, hoping to find someone strong enough to defeat the Pylraster.
Stats[edit | edit source]
AI script[edit | edit source]
|Screwtail||HP >50% (5%)|
50% > HP > 20% (25%)
|Rage||After Growing Threat (100%)|
HP <20%; used once (100%)
|Growing Threat||HP <50%; used once (100%)|
|Crushing Fangs||HP >50% (5%)|
50% > HP > 20% (25%)
|Ram||Use all battle (25%)|
|Evade+||When HP <50%|
|Attack CT0||When HP <20%|
How to find[edit | edit source]
After accepting the hunt, Pylraster can be found outside the Pharos, in the section They Who Thirst Not. The player can use the Gate Crystal at the First Ascent, and go outside to find the Mark.
Battle[edit | edit source]
Pylraster can hit hard, but the party can block its strikes. It has Bravery and Haste. Like all Tyrant-type monsters, Pylraster uses Crushing Fangs, which deals about 5,000 damage or above and may instantly KO a character. When its HP drops around 50%, it will use Growing Threat, which doubles its level.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A good set up is to equip a character with Main Gauche (optional), the best shield the party has, and Bubble Belt, and buff the tank/decoy characters with Protect, or Protectga. Buffing the tank with Bravery and Haste also gives the tank a more offensive edge.
Pylraster has pretty good Defense, so if the party is not relying on powerful weapons, a gun on a support character works. The party can also cast high-level fire-elemental Black and Arcane Magicks, especially with fire-boosting equipment. The player may want to cast Dispel or use Dispel Motes.
One character can act as the healer to allow the other two to continue attacking.
Another cheap way to win would be to equip any party member(s) with the Ensanguined Shield, meaning Pylraster will not be able to damage them.