Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
It is recommended that you clear Ch. 7: Imber Manor before playing.
- ???: ...I don't think I've ever been here before. To what kingdom might this castle belong?
- ???: Excuse me! Is anyone home?
- ???: Um... Hello? If you're there, please answer!
- ???: ...Oh dear. I can't even ask for directions.
- ???: Zidane, Steiner... Where did everyone go?
- Kuja: What's this? It would appear a canary has lost her way.
- ???: Kuja!
- Kuja: Please accept my warmest welcome, Princess Garnet, to the Illusory Palace.
- Kuja: It must be fate that brought the two of us together. ...Heh.
- Garnet: Of course it was you who separated me from everyone...
- Garnet: Tell me! Where am I? Where is everyone else!?
- Kuja: You stand atop the palms of divinity...
- Kuja: As for your friends, they are mid-performance, acting out their tragedy on this stage of fantasy.
- Garnet: Palms of divinity? Tragedy...?
- Kuja: A disgusting tale, I assure you, written by capricious gods.
- Kuja: Although, your appearance here is also at their direction... Hm, hm, an interesting development indeed.
- Garnet: What on earth are you...?
- Kuja: Come, my precious canary.
- Kuja: Join me in the loge to see how this tragedy plays out. ...Shall we?
- Garnet: ...No, thank you!
(Garnet runs away)
- Kuja: How brave.
- Kuja: A canary prone to flight, though, needs to be kept in her cage. ...Ha ha.
(Wave 3: Kuja)
- Kuja: Heh... I knew you'd come. But I'm afraid I won't hand over your canary.
- Zidane: Canary? You don't mean...!?
- Kuja: Argh... Pitiful canary. May you be tossed about by the sea of destiny.
(Kuja is sucked into a Torsion and leaves)
- Zidane: Dagger! Are you alright?
- Garnet: Yes, I'm unhurt. ...Thank you for coming, Zidane.
- Steiner: I'm so happy to see you, Your Highness! To think this day would come!
- Steiner: Oh, the sleepless nights I've spent worrying for your safety... Wahhh...!
- Zidane: He's moved to tears. ...But it really is a relief to see you safe and sound.
- Eiko: I was super, super worried about you, too!
- Garnet: Hehe. Thank you, Steiner, Eiko.
- Garnet: And you strangers from foreign lands. Thank you very much for risking your lives on my behalf.
- Garnet: I am Garnet Til Alexandros. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
- Zell: Garnet? Didn't he call you Dagger a minute ago?
- Zidane: Oh yeah, I guess she doesn't need to keep it a secret here.
- Zidane: Garnet's the princess from a big kingdom. Dagger's the alias she uses while traveling.
- Garnet: You've never heard of Alexandria? How can that be?
- Eiko: Oh, boy... Where's Mog when you need him?
- Steiner: Miss Eiko, allow me! It is a knight's duty to apprise his mistress of the situation!
- Eiko: Wow, that's helpful! Take it away, then!
- Garnet: I see... That's why Kuja called it the "palms of divinity."
- Garnet: A journey to save the world... I wonder if I can be of any help.
- Eiko: Of course you can! I guarantee it!
- Steiner: Your Highness is simply overflowing with the light!
- Hope: I thought Mog was the only one who could tell that.
- Zidane: Don't you worry, Princess. Tin can aside, I'll be right there with you.
- Zidane: Unless I'm not good enough for you.
- Zidane: Alright then, Your Highness...
- Zidane: I shall hereby do my best to kidnap you once again.
- Garnet: ...Very well. Please do.
- Zidane: Hehe.
- Zidane: If it's you calling, I'll come for you as many times and wherever you need.
- Steiner: Why you...! Zidane! Protecting Her Highness is one thing, but kidnapping is far another!
- Zidane: You're complaining about that now?
- Zell: Kidnap? Doesn't he mean escort? ...Weird.
- Zidane: Say, Garnet. I bet you're beat from all this walking.
- Zidane: How about a piggyback ride? Come on, don't be shy!
- Garnet: Hehe, thank you, Zidane, but my own feet still work.
- Garnet: I can't rely on others forever, you know.
(The rest of the party arrives)
- Steiner: Zidaaane! Carrying her Highness piggyback is the height of impropriety!
- Firion: I know he's usually in high spirits, but...Zidane sure seems to enjoy having Garnet around.
- Vivi: Hehe, right? They're all real good friends.
- Firion: Zidane and Steiner, too? I thought they're always fighting.
- Steiner: Grrr! He's been pushing his luck ever since Her Majesty joined us!
- Vivi: Yeah, look how happy he is!
- Steiner: How can you be so lenient? Master Vivi, please have a word with him!
- Zidane: C'mon, Rusty, don't be so uptight. Let's enjoy the journey.
- Steiner: Yes! My thoughts exactly! Now if you would kindly return to Gaia ahead of us...!
- Zidane: Give me a break...
- Firion: You are rather high-strung. Maybe it's a knight thing.
- Firion: Garnet strikes me as a strong princess.
- Zidane: You said it, Firion!
- Firion: You see, there's a princess I know who's in charge of an army, but it had to be such burden.
- Firion: It's really tremendous that Garnet is fighting for her country.
- Steiner: B-but still...!
- Garnet: Oh, you come from royalty, too, Edge?
(The party notices Edge talking to Garnet)
- Edge: Yes, ma'am! You're talking to the heir of the royal ninjutsu of the Kingdom of Eblan!
- Garnet: Ninjutsu, you say? I do so enjoy hearing stories about other kingdoms.
- Edge: Oh ho? How about we go someplace private where I can tell you more?
(Edge and Garnet leave together)
- Steiner: Gahhh! Lord Edge! You are standing too close to Her Majesty!
(Steiner runs after them)
- Zidane: Hold it right there, Edge!
- Zidane: Going after Garnet is crossing the line!
(Zidane runs after them)
- Vivi: See? I told you they're friends.
- Firion: Ha ha ha, I certainly see the princess is a popular one.
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
Princess of Alexandria Co-op[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This event traded release positions with Legendary Guardian in the Global version.