It is recommended that you clear Ch. 7: Imber Manor before playing.
- ???: ...I don't think I've ever been here before. To what kingdom might this castle belong?
- ???: Excuse me! Is anyone home?
- ???: Um... Hello? If you're there, please answer!
- ???: ...Oh dear. I can't even ask for directions.
- ???: Zidane, Steiner... Where did everyone go?
- Kuja: What's this? It would appear a canary has lost her way.
- ???: Kuja!
- Kuja: Please accept my warmest welcome, Princess Garnet, to the Illusory Palace.
- Kuja: It must be fate that brought the two of us together. ...Heh.
- Garnet: Of course it was you who separated me from everyone...
- Garnet: Tell me! Where am I? Where is everyone else!?
- Kuja: You stand atop the palms of divinity...
- Kuja: As for your friends, they are mid-performance, acting out their tragedy on this stage of fantasy.
- Garnet: Palms of divinity? Tragedy...?
- Kuja: A disgusting tale, I assure you, written by capricious gods.
- Kuja: Although, your appearance here is also at their direction... Hm, hm, an interesting development indeed.
- Garnet: What on earth are you...?
- Kuja: Come, my precious canary.
- Kuja: Join me in the loge to see how this tragedy plays out. ...Shall we?
- Garnet: ...No, thank you!
(Garnet runs away)
- Kuja: How brave.
- Kuja: A canary prone to flight, though, needs to be kept in her cage. ...Ha ha.
(Wave 3: Kuja)
- Kuja: Heh... I knew you'd come. But I'm afraid I won't hand over your canary.
- Zidane: Canary? You don't mean...!?
- Kuja: Argh... Pitiful canary. May you be tossed about by the sea of destiny.
(Kuja is sucked into a Torsion and leaves)
- Zidane: Dagger! Are you alright?
- Garnet: Yes, I'm unhurt. ...Thank you for coming, Zidane.
- Steiner: I'm so happy to see you, Your Highness! To think this day would come!
- Steiner: Oh, the sleepless nights I've spent worrying for your safety... Wahhh...!
- Zidane: He's moved to tears. ...But it really is a relief to see you safe and sound.
- Eiko: I was super, super worried about you, too!
- Garnet: Hehe. Thank you, Steiner, Eiko.
- Garnet: And you strangers from foreign lands. Thank you very much for risking your lives on my behalf.
- Garnet: I am Garnet Til Alexandros. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.
- Zell: Garnet? Didn't he call you Dagger a minute ago?
- Zidane: Oh yeah, I guess she doesn't need to keep it a secret here.
- Zidane: Garnet's the princess from a big kingdom. Dagger's the alias she uses while traveling.
- Garnet: You've never heard of Alexandria? How can that be?
- Eiko: Oh, boy... Where's Mog when you need him?
- Steiner: Miss Eiko, allow me! It is a knight's duty to apprise his mistress of the situation!
- Eiko: Wow, that's helpful! Take it away, then!
- Garnet: I see... That's why Kuja called it the "palms of divinity."
- Garnet: A journey to save the world... I wonder if I can be of any help.
- Eiko: Of course you can! I guarantee it!
- Steiner: Your Highness is simply overflowing with the light!
- Hope: I thought Mog was the only one who could tell that.
- Zidane: Don't you worry, Princess. Tin can aside, I'll be right there with you.
- Zidane: Unless I'm not good enough for you.
- Zidane: Alright then, Your Highness...
- Zidane: I shall hereby do my best to kidnap you once again.
- Garnet: ...Very well. Please do.
- Zidane: Hehe.
- Zidane: If it's you calling, I'll come for you as many times and wherever you need.
- Steiner: Why you...! Zidane! Protecting Her Highness is one thing, but kidnapping is far another!
- Zidane: You're complaining about that now?
- Zell: Kidnap? Doesn't he mean escort? ...Weird.
- Zidane: Say, Garnet. I bet you're beat from all this walking.
- Zidane: How about a piggyback ride? Come on, don't be shy!
- Garnet: Hehe, thank you, Zidane, but my own feet still work.
- Garnet: I can't rely on others forever, you know.
(The rest of the party arrives)
- Steiner: Zidaaane! Carrying her Highness piggyback is the height of impropriety!
- Firion: I know he's usually in high spirits, but...Zidane sure seems to enjoy having Garnet around.
- Vivi: Hehe, right? They're all real good friends.
- Firion: Zidane and Steiner, too? I thought they're always fighting.
- Steiner: Grrr! He's been pushing his luck ever since Her Majesty joined us!
- Vivi: Yeah, look how happy he is!
- Steiner: How can you be so lenient? Master Vivi, please have a word with him!
- Zidane: C'mon, Rusty, don't be so uptight. Let's enjoy the journey.
- Steiner: Yes! My thoughts exactly! Now if you would kindly return to Gaia ahead of us...!
- Zidane: Give me a break...
- Firion: You are rather high-strung. Maybe it's a knight thing.
- Firion: Garnet strikes me as a strong princess.
- Zidane: You said it, Firion!
- Firion: You see, there's a princess I know who's in charge of an army, but it had to be such burden.
- Firion: It's really tremendous that Garnet is fighting for her country.
- Steiner: B-but still...!
- Garnet: Oh, you come from royalty, too, Edge?
(The party notices Edge talking to Garnet)
- Edge: Yes, ma'am! You're talking to the heir of the royal ninjutsu of the Kingdom of Eblan!
- Garnet: Ninjutsu, you say? I do so enjoy hearing stories about other kingdoms.
- Edge: Oh ho? How about we go someplace private where I can tell you more?
(Edge and Garnet leave together)
- Steiner: Gahhh! Lord Edge! You are standing too close to Her Majesty!
(Steiner runs after them)
- Zidane: Hold it right there, Edge!
- Zidane: Going after Garnet is crossing the line!
(Zidane runs after them)
- Vivi: See? I told you they're friends.
- Firion: Ha ha ha, I certainly see the princess is a popular one.
- Garnet: This...reminds me of that song... Those melodies...of life...
- Vivi: It was her! Over here, guys!
(The rest of the party arrives)
- Jecht: Yo, Garnet! 'Preciate the recital!
- Ace: It's a beautiful song. Where did you learn it?
- Garnet: I heard it often when I was little.
- Garnet: When I sing this song, it warms my heart...
- Garnet: It reminds me that I'm not alone, and gives me the strength to go on.
- King: A favorite song from your childhood...? Sounds a lot like Ace.
- Vivi: That's right, you sing a lot, too, don't you?
- Ace: There's only a small bit I can remember...
- Ace: But I also feel a mysterious comfort when I sing it.
- Tidus: Hmmm, I get it. Songs from memory that calm you down...
- Jecht: ...Songs, huh. S'pose you'd find something like that in every world.
- Tidus: ...You always liked that song.
- Garnet: People everywhere have such memories.
- Garnet: Sir Jecht, I do so wish to hear your song. Might you sing it for me?
- Jecht: Yeah, well, I'd love to.
- Jecht: ...If it were that easy.
- King: ...Sounds like it has a complicated backstory.
- Vivi: You look a little lonely, Mister Jecht.
- Jecht: Naw, nothing like that. It's a song everyone loved in our world. Anyone hearin' it'd feel at ease.
- Ace: As we did, led here by Garnet's voice.
- Ace: There's some invisible power songs may have. Even in different worlds, that power doesn't change.
- Jecht: ...Maybe. Even if your world changes... Even if you change, ya can still hear it...
- Tidus: It feels like we're a lot closer after hearing people outside of Spira have songs to support them.
- Vivi: I wanna hear your song again! Would you sing it one more time?
- Garnet: It would be my pleasure.
- Garnet: Ahem... Haha, I'm a little nervous.
- Garnet: ...So you also asked to be kidnapped to escape your kingdom?
- Ashe: There was no other way for me to protect my homeland.
- Garnet: I understand how you feel... Painfully so.
- Cecil: Why, if it isn't Ashe and Garnet?
(Cecil and Edgar arrive)
- Edgar: Two flowers blooming in the desert... Hm, a lovely view indeed.
- Garnet: Blooming...? There's not a flower in sight, is there?
- Edgar: That innocence suits you all too well, Your Highness.
- Ashe: Edgar, you are royalty as well, yes?
- Edgar: That is correct. I'm honored you remembered.
- Garnet: Do you worry for your subjects back home?
- Edgar: I'd be lying if I said I didn't.
- Edgar: But the people of Figaro are made of sturdy stuff. They supported their country marvelously whilst I was away battling Kefka.
- Cecil: There was never unrest or threat of invasion during your absence?
- Edgar: Not once. We ran into a bit of engine trouble with the castle, but civil issues...
- Edgar: Well, I suppose it'd also be a lie to say there were never any of those...
- Sabin: Haha, you got that right. Things were...complicated.
- Sabin: ...Thanks, Edgar.
- Edgar: Come, now. Bygones are bygones. And we could get through that because of all the good help we had.
- Edgar: A king can only be king with the support of the people around him. I'm sure you feel the same.
- Ashe: ...Yes, I am deeply indebted to my retainers and associates.
- Garnet: I, too, feel it's thanks to Zidane, Steiner, and the others that I can continue on.
- Cecil: ...Thinking ever of your people and blessed with reliable allies... The citizens of your kingdoms must be happy ones.
- Cecil: How different from the country I served. The King of Baron was great...but military might changed him.
- Garnet: Yes... Power will change even the finest person...
- Palom: Heeey! Cecil!
(The party spots Palom and Yang)
- Palom: What're you doing? Get your butt over here!
- Yang: We are soon to depart! Please make your preparations!
- Edgar: ...Heh. You have your own reliable allies, I'd say.
- Cecil: Huh?
- Garnet: And a gentle heart. It seems being king might suit you, Cecil.
- Cecil: Haha...me, king? Please, do not even jest. I have no intention of instigating a coup d'état.
- Garnet: Ah, no, I only meant you have the makings of a fine king. Forgive me.
- Cecil: What a fantasy...to be king. A dark knight, not true royalty like you, has no place above others.
- Cecil: But...why does something about it ring familiar...?
- Cecil: A groggy feeling...of some fragment of a memory...
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 1Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 2Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 3Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 4Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 5Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 6Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 7Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 8Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 9Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 10Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 11Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 12Edit
Princess of Alexandria Pt. 13Edit
- Coincidentally, Final Fantasy IX went multiplatform on the same day this Lost Chapter was released in Global.