Princess Sarah (セーラ姫, Sēra Hime?), also given as Princess Sara (セーラ, Sēra? or サラ, Sara?), is a recurring name used by several princesses in the Final Fantasy series. She is also depicted in the Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary logo.
Sarah is a princess of Cornelia. Her abduction by the corrupt knight Garland triggers the plot into motion. Upon being rescued, she gifts the Warriors of Light with a Lute, which they later use to progress in their quest.
Princess Sara of Sasune meets the party while on her way to stop Djinn of Fire. Later, she would help save the light warriors from the Curse of the five wyrms, along with Desch, Alus Restor, one of the Four Old Men, and Cid Haze. In the 3D remake, she and Ingus have a small love story.
Sarah is Garnet's real name, before she was adopted by Queen Brahne. The player must go to Madain Sari on disc 4 and reveal the hidden text on the Eidolon wall to find this out. This makes her the first playable Princess Sarah in the series.
Sarah is one of the four Warriors of Light, traveling to save the crystals from the Avalon Empire. It is later revealed that she is the second princess of Burtgang. Thus, this revelation makes her the second playable Princess Sarah.
Princess Sarah appears as a supporting character.
- Who's Who
- Princess Sarah
- CV: Brooke Lyons / Harumi Ichiryusai
- Age in Grymoire: 21
- Notes: Determined ruler of Cornelia / Elegant, kind, and polite / Disguises herself as a commoner to visit town
- Streetwise Sovereign
- Princess Sarah isn't one to warm a throne. The princess is convinced the only way to truly know her people is to walk among them.
- One moment she's sneaking off into town; the next, she's rushing off to some battlefield. It's so compulsive that even she surprises herself with where she ends up. The brigade captain shadows her on these excursions to ensure her safety, but she has yet to realize it.
- As for Princess Sarah's "disguise", well...she isn't fooling anyone. What she considers common clothing is actually quite fine; between that and her refined speech, she sticks out like a sore thumb. Still, the Cornelians do their best to humor her. What a warmhearted and considerate people!
- Summoners and Early Cornelia
- Legend says that the founder of Cornelia was a summoner, but Princess Sarah has inherited none of those abilities. Not that surprising, since in Grymoire, and especially among the Lilikin, such powers are rarely passed along family lines. In most cases, a summoner is chosen by an esper who recognizes her worth.
- Records show that after Cornelia's first age, no summoners have been born in the kingdom. As a result, the guardian and familiar of the kingdom itself, the Lute of Ragnarok, has lain in a deep sleep for generations.
- First World of Origin:
- FINAL FANTASY
Princess Sarah from Mobius Final Fantasy and World of Final Fantasy appear on Triple Triad cards in the version available via the Final Fantasy Portal App.
Non-Final Fantasy appearancesEdit
In popular cultureEdit
In the webcomic parodying the original Final Fantasy, Sarah is so used to being kidnapped that she's become accustomed to it. She decides to help Garland learn to become a villain because of his incompetence, and after being rescued seizes control of Cornelia from her father through trickery. Her evil appearance is based on Princess Sara Altney while her standard appearance is a recolor of Aria Benett's sprite.
The name Sarah, (שָׂרָה in Hebrew) the Hebrew name for "princess", or a woman of high rank.
- The name Sarah (セラ, Sera?) appears within a list of unused playable character data within Final Fantasy VI game's data. It is unknown if it would have been the name of a princess or not.
- Despite not being a princess, Serah Farron from the Lightning Saga uses an alternative form of the name Sarah. Her Japanese name Sera (セラ?) spelled the same way as the dummied Sara from Final Fantasy VI. Serah's role in Final Fantasy XIII and Lightning Returns is also similar to the Princess Sarah in early games, a non-playable character that needs to be saved/rescued by the party.
- The name of Fina from Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is a short form of "Serafina".
- Sarah Carson (サラ・カーソン, Sara Kāson?) is a main character in Romancing SaGa 3 who specializes in archery and magic. She does not have a princess role, but she is one of the two destined children.