Poison Breath (毒ブレス, Doku Buresu?), also known as Poisonbreath and Venom Breath, is a recurring enemy ability in the series. It is often a powerful Poison-elemental attack that targets the entire party and inflicts the Poison status. In Final Fantasy XI, it is also a Blue Magic spell. Poison Breath generally deals much more damage than Poison Gas.
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
- 1.2 Final Fantasy V
- 1.3 Final Fantasy VII
- 1.4 Final Fantasy IX
- 1.5 Final Fantasy X
- 1.6 Final Fantasy XI
- 1.7 Final Fantasy XII
- 1.8 Final Fantasy XIV
- 1.9 Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
- 1.10 Vagrant Story
- 1.11 Bravely Default
- 1.12 Final Fantasy Dimensions
- 1.13 Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
- 1.14 Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- 1.15 Final Fantasy Explorers
- 2 Gallery
Poison Breath is an enemy ability used by various enemies in the game, including Bahamut and Archeosaur. It inflicts major non-elemental damage to the party as well as inflicting Poison. It can be utilized by the player by catching and releasing a Zombie Dragon.
Poison Breath is an enemy ability that inflicts Poison on the entire party. It is used by CMD.Grand Horn and Bagnadrana. The weaker variant, Poison Storm, inflicts Poison on one party member, and is used by the Harpy, while Poison Blow, used by Velcher Task, does the same thing.
Template:FFXI Spell Poison Breath is a Blue Magic spell learned from Hounds. It is a water-element breath attack spell that may also inflict poison. It costs 1 Blue Magic Point to set, and grants MND+1 when set.
- The formula for this spell appears to be (Current HP)/10 + (Blue Mage level)/1.25. For example, at level 22 and 400 HP, damage is approximately 57 with no other bonuses applied.
- Blue Mages can set Poison Breath along with one of the following spells to create the Clear Mind combo.
- Crawlers also use an ability called Poison Breath. However, this slightly different attack cannot be learned by Blue Mages.