I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!
Planet R is the world in which Final Fantasy V and its sequel Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals take place. The unified world is unnamed in Final Fantasy V, but referred to as Planet R in Legend of the Crystals.
Bartz's World Edit
- Tycoon - The biggest castle in this world.
- Pirates' Hideout - The hidden hideout of Faris's gang of pirates.
- Tule - A small village, where Zok, a friend of King Tycoon, lives.
- Wind Shrine - The shrine where the Wind Crystal is held.
- Torna Canal - A canal overrun by monsters.
- Ship Graveyard - A reef where many shipwrecks lie.
- Carwen - A port town.
- North Mountain - A mountain where the legendary dragon grass grows.
- Walse - A castle town.
- Walse Tower - A tower northwest of Walse where the Water Crystal is held.
- Karnak - A town surrounded by huge walls.
- Karnak Castle - The castle of Karnak, where the Fire Crystal is held.
- Fire-Powered Ship - The ship, made by the scientist Cid, is used to drain the power of the Fire Crystal.
- Library of the Ancients - An ancient library filled with important literature.
- Desert of Shifting Sands - An enormous desert located south of Karnak.
- Crescent - A small village located on Crescent Island, where earthquakes are frequent.
- Istory - A small town to the east of the famous Istory Falls.
- Lix - Bartz's hometown.
- Gohn - An ancient city of the Ronka. It hides the floating city.
- Catapult - An underwater base located beneath Crescent Island, where Cid and Mid study the ancient technology.
- Jachol - A small village.
- Ronka Ruins- An ancient flying city made by the Ronka, it hosts the Earth Crystal.
Galuf's World Edit
- Regole - A small seaside town.
- Big Bridge - The bridge connecting the mainland to Exdeath's abode.
- Sealed Castle of Kuzar - A castle that holds the twelve legendary sealed weapons.
- Underground Waterway - An underground river located at the mountain range before the great desert.
- Moogle Village - A village where moogles live.
- Castle of Bal - Galuf's castle.
- Quelb - A village where werewolves and their leader Kelger live.
- Drakenvale - the mountain where dragon grass is found.
- Castle Surgate - Xezat's castle.
- Barrier Tower - A tower which controls the barrier around Castle Exdeath.
- Moore - A small village near the Great Forest of Moore.
- Great Forest of Moore - A huge forest, where Exdeath was born.
- Castle Exdeath - Exdeath's stronghold.
- Ghido's Cave - A cave where the sage Ghido lives.
Merged World Edit
Also known as the Third World, the first two worlds combined, its geography consisting of both worlds stacked atop of each other.
- Pyramid of Moore - A great pyramid located where the Moore Forest was in the Second World.
- Fork Tower - A tower which keeps the secret spells of Flare and Holy.
- Island Shrine - A shrine located on the Big Bridge.
- Phantom Village - A village of the Void.
- Great Sea Trench - An undersea cave.
- Istory Falls - A great cave complex behind the falls of Istory.
- Phoenix Tower - A thirty-floor tower where the Phoenix is obtained.
- Unknown Cave - A cave where a man called Mr. Clio tells the party their battle stats.
- Sealed Temple - A GBA-only optional dungeon.
Interdimensional Rift Edit
The final dimensional region, also known as the Cleft of Dimensions in the SNES, and N-Zone in the Final Fantasy Anthology version. It was created by Enuo during his time in power 1,000 years ago. It consumed Phantom Village at some point, transporting it to the current time period unchanged. There are multiple areas to traverse and many bosses holding the way to Exdeath. The original world was split in two (by splitting the original Crystals) to seal away this dimension.
- Beach - much like the shifting sand maze area in Bartz's World. An extra-powerful regular monster is thrown in with a standard complement of enemy encounters here, much like the desert in Bartz's World risked meeting the Dhorme Chimera. At the end of this stretch, Exdeath's generals will appear and taunt the heroes before assigning themselves to the areas ahead.
- Ruins - This area resembles the Catapult.
- Phantom Village - the village is frozen and its facilities cannot be used, although there is a pot of healing water available for use. The player is unable to speak with any of the townspeople. There are no random encounters here.
- Forest - The area resembles the Great Forest of Moore. Calofisteri, the first boss of the final dungeon, waits in the passage to the next area.
- Cave - a short, standard cavern area with many waterfalls. The optional boss Omega wanders here, and will most likely kill an unprepared party with its powerful first attack. A room at the end contains a required boss, Apanda, who is related to Byblos, sealed in a book and has a similar fighting style.
- Floating Castle - invisible walkways span between platforms. Both this area and the following have many samurai and ninja enemy encounters.
- Dimension Castle - a literal gauntlet of bosses. In the basement is Azulmagia, who controls the save point, a group of mini-bosses named Alte Roite who guard treasure in the cells, and Catastrophe, who appears when the party tries to exit the room. Halicarnassus is the King of Dimension Castle, and meets the party at the top floor. Behind him at the entrance to the Void is Twintania, who has a weakness to the summon Odin when charging up his Giga Flare.
- The Void - a series of crystalline platforms floating amid the Void. Gilgamesh is here, having been banished by Exdeath after the party's previous battle with him. He decides not to continue fighting and sacrifices his life to help the party destroy Necrophobe, an optional boss that guards the last save point in the Void. A second optional boss, the incredibly powerful Shinryu, waits in monster-in-a-box here.
Musical themes Edit
The overworld theme for Bartz's World is "Four Hearts". The overworld theme to Galuf's World is "Unknown Lands", and the overworld theme on the Merged World is called "A New World". Final Fantasy V is one of the few early Final Fantasy games where the main theme is not also the overworld theme.