Trapped between dimensions, time has stopped in this town.
Phantom Village Resident
Phantom Village, also known as Mirage village, is a town in the merged world in Final Fantasy V. It is referred to as The Town that Time Forgot for being caught in an Interdimensional Rift for over 1,000 years.
Phantom Village is the only town not represented by a town icon on the map, instead just being situated in the center of a patch of forest. The best items, weapons, armor, and magic can be bought here, though it may not seem so at first. Each establishment has two vendors, one which sells fair items, the second selling rare items. The catch is in locating the second vendor, as they are hidden and difficult to get to.
A building in the town contains a door that appears sealed. When exploring the Interdimensional Rift, the player enters the time-frozen town through this door.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Piano[edit | edit source]
The last piano is in Phantom Village. The player must head to the pub but not go in, instead, head behind it, and go down to get behind the pub's counter. The door on the left leads outside, and heading down will come to a door. Inside, the player will arrive at some steps. The player should head down to reach the wall and turn left and press against the wall to reach a room that has steps leading up. It leads to the black chocobo. Before getting on the chocobo, the player can press against the left wall of the room that leads to it, and the last piano is in the next room.
If the player played all the previous ones, the party leader will play an excerpt from Debussy's "Arabesque No. 1".
Secret vendors and entrances[edit | edit source]
The shops (see below) and almost all areas in Phantom Village have hidden passages, leading to hidden vendors. There is a secret door in every building, except for the inn. The secret vendors sell rare items.
- Pub - The player must go around the top of pub outside, there's a secret entrance behind the building.
- Armor shop - Inside the building, the player must press Confirm on the box to the left of the entrance, and the counter will open up, revealing a secret path.
- Weapon shop - The player must take the secret entrance to the pub, go south of town after using a secret exit, and go into the small building southwest of town. The player must go down the stairs, then go down to a locked door, and go north on the path to the right.
- Magic shop - Instead of going into the shop; the player must go left from the entrance, and go around back. There is a secret entrance there.
Shops[edit | edit source]
Weapon shops[edit | edit source]
Armor shops[edit | edit source]
Magic Shops[edit | edit source]
Item shops[edit | edit source]
Items[edit | edit source]
|Thief Knife||In the Pub, hidden in the barrels behind the counter.|
|Mirage Vest||Person under the Pub; talk to the person and then ride Boko around the world once, and talk to the person again.|
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
The background theme that plays at the Phantom Village is called "Sealed Book".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
ghost, a physical manifestation of the soul or spirit of a deceased person.A phantom is a
Mirages are naturally-occurring, optical phenomena in which light rays are bent to produce displaced images of distant objects. The word "mirage" is of French origin and derived from the Latin mirari, which means "to look at" or "to wonder at."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When trying to enter the village, sometimes a battle intro may play with sound and visual effects, but if the player was lucky at the moment of search, they are taken to the village instead of the battle.
- The Forgotten Springs in Thanalan in Final Fantasy XIV is a small village of female miqo'tes dressing in ancient outfits, similar to the villagers of Mirage Village.