↑Depends on the augments in the character's battle menu afterward.
Palom can learn every Black Magic spell in the game, and learns them at a faster rate than Rydia due to her focus on summon magic. In the 3D remakes, he learns a few of his spells at different levels but still learns them faster than Rydia. Bluff boosts his Intelligence and thus the damage done by his Black Magic. In Final Fantasy IV Advance and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection, the boost from Bluff stacks with several uses, increasing his Intelligence each time. In the 3D remakes, Bluff only lasts for the next spell.
Palom can use Twincast, which allows him and Porom to cast spells together. They can cast Pyroblast, Comet, and in the Advance and Complete Collection releases, they will cast Twin Meteor if they are equipped with the Twin Stars.
Palom joins Cecil in order to help the Dwarves against the monsters pouring out of the Sealed Cave. He stays in the party for the rest of the interlude.
Palom joins the party at Level 34. This Palom is the Palom from the original Final Fantasy IV, therefore, he has the same stats table and the same level up possibilities.
Palom returns with Black Magic, Bluff and Twincast, which function the same way as they do in Final Fantasy IV. He joins the party knowing all his spells up to Thundaga and will continue to learn his spells at the same levels as in the original game.
Due to his stats, Palom is the best Black Mage, equal or better than Rydia and Leonora in most areas, the exceptions being their Spirit and Rydia's slightly higher Speed. Compared to Golbez he lacks in HP, Strength and Stamina, but has significantly higher MP and Intelligence.
Main story stats
Guest appearance stats
Palom is also a guest in Porom's Tale. He begins at level 10 and caps at level 20.
Palom retains his Black Magic and Bluff abilities (guest Palom can't use Bluff), and learns his spells earlier than the other characters. He still has Twincast in a flashback, but it is a Band ability during regular gameplay relearned in the True Moon's Subterrane. In the Depths, it is possible to teach Dualcast to Palom, Porom, or Leonora, but only one of them can learn it.
Practice some black magic. Randomly uses a Fire, Blizzard, or Thunder spell of any of the four levels of power (Fire? up to Firaga, etc). 50% of level one spell, 30% chance of level two, 15% chance of level three, 5% chance of level four.
Deal massive non-elemental damage to a single enemy.
Young Porom (Event)
Cast a spell together for great power. 40% chance of Pyroflare, 60% chance of Comet.