Overlord is a Rank VI Mark from Final Fantasy XII. The hunt can be undertaken after the events in Draklor Laboratory are complete. The Overlord can be found in the Doubt Abandoned area of the Sochen Cave Palace. Insecure Seeq will also attend the battle, but will be defeated almost immediately.
It is also fought in the Zodiac version's Trial Mode at Stage 72 along with Diabolos and Avenger. When fought in the Trial Mode, the following pieces of equipment can be obtained from it: Blazer Gloves (common steal), Zwill Crossblade (uncommon steal), Shikari Nagasa (rare steal), and Mina (rare poach).
Clan Primer[edit | edit source]
Hunt 23: The Things We Do...[edit | edit source]
- Petitioner: Insecure Seeq
- Petitioner's Location: Archades (Technick shop)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of an Overlord (Rank VI). The petitioner is the Insecure Seeq at the Technick Shop in Archades.
- Hunt accepted. The Insecure Seeq needs your help in defeating this mark, lest he never attain the popularity he so desires. The Overlord is to be found in the Sochen Cave Palace.
- Overlord defeated with the Insecure Seeq. Go to the Technick Shop in Archades to receive your reward.
- Reward received from the Insecure Seeq. He swears he'll train so that he can handle his own marks in future.
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- Fearsome are the indescribable, formless Horrors, yet more fearsome still are those who mock the Form of Man, such as this headless Giant living in the darkest Reaches of the Cave Palace where no Light ventures. Originally a two-headed Guardian of the Gates of Hell, its Fortunes changed when one Head turned against its Master, and both were taken in Punishment, its body then being cast upon the Earth to suffer. It is said that only a true Warrior may best one of these, and so did a Seeq post a Bill in Hope of finding a true Warrior to act on his Behalf.
Stats[edit | edit source]
AI script[edit | edit source]
|Bravery||Use all battle (5%)|
When not in battle (100%)
|Smite of Rage||HP <50% (5%)|
|Rage||HP <20%; use once (100%)|
|Lunge||Use all battle (25%)|
|Tri-Attack||Use all battle (5%)|
|Pyromania||HP >50% (5%)|
HP <50% (25%)
|Reduce Damage||When HP <50%|
Battle[edit | edit source]
The Insecure Seeq assists the party in battle, but he is weak against Fire and falls in one shot from Overlord's Pyromania, which deals 2,500–3,000 Fire damage with 21 Magick Resist. The Overlord's normal attacks deal around 1,000 damage with the right Defense.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The first move should be to dispel Overlord of his status enhancements, but not without previously buffing the team. At least one character should use either ranged weapons or magicks as not to take damage from Overlord's field attacks.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Other appearances[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
overlord in the English feudal system was a lord of a manor who had subinfeudated a particular manor, estate or fee, to a tenant. The tenant thenceforth owed to the overlord one of a variety of services, usually military service or serjeanty, depending on which form of tenure (i.e. feudal tenancy contract) the estate was held under.An