It is recommended that you clear Ch. 10: Abandoned Petalum before playing.
- Raijin: Take this, ya know!
(Raijin defeats a Bomb)
- Vivi: You're amazing, Mr. Raijin!
- Raijin: Hehe, you're makin' me blush, ya know?
- Fujin: EGO.
- Raijin: I can't remember the last time anybody complimented me, ya know!
- Vivi: It's really too bad if no one ever compliments you...
- Raijin: Anytime you need me, just let me know, ya know!
- Raijin: I got a Mr. Raijin Special to help you clobber any problem, ya know!
- Fujin: ...OVERCONFIDENT.
(Two more Bombs appear behind the party)
- Fujin: DANGER!
(Raijin turns around and a Bomb explodes on him)
- Raijin: Yeeeowch!?
- Raijin: That's a dirty trick, sneakin' up on a guy like that, ya know!
- Fujin: STAND! FIGHT!
- Vivi: We can do this, Mr. Raijin!
- Raijin: Y-yeah, just gimme a sec, ya know?
- ???: Yaaaaaah!!
(The Bombs are vanquished by Rydia)
- ???: You're safe now.
- Raijin: Y-you! It can't be!
- Raijin: ...Do I know ya, ya know?
(Fujin runs ahead to face another Bomb)
- Fujin: PRIORITY. BATTLE.
- ???: Yang! And Edge, too! I'm so relieved to see you again!
- Yang: I...um... Have we met...?
- Edge: You know me, miss?
- Rydia: Hold on, what do you mean? It's me, Rydia.
- Yang: Rydia...
- Yang: C-could it be? The summoner Rydia!?
- Rydia: Yes! Now you remember?
- Yang: Goodness gracious... The Rydia I remember was but a child...
- Yang: The resemblance is more than passing, though... Hmmm...
- Edge: ...Even if you say that... Argh, I can't believe I'd forget such a pretty face...
(The Onion Knight and Serah arrive)
- Onion Knight: It could be the Torsions at play. Let's get her caught up on what's going on first.
- Serah: ...In short, even friends from the same world could have memories well out of sync.
- Rydia: I had no idea... So that's why you don't remember me...
- Edge: Don't make such a sad face! Aw, heck...how could I have forgotten...?
- Yang: Whilst we were traveling at sea, we met with an accident and you were lost to us.
- Yang: That is the last thing I can remember...
- Serah: But if you've grown up, does that mean you're from the future?
- Rydia: No, I don't think the time I'm from is so different from everyone else.
- Rydia: After that accident, I ended up in a place called the Feymarch and lived there for a while.
- Rydia: Time passes more quickly in the Feymarch, so...
- Onion Knight: You grew up in the blink of an eye?
- Rydia: Yup, that's about it!
- Rydia: The queen of the Eidolons told me wheels of a fate greater than us all are turning now.
- Rydia: If so many other worlds are in danger, could this be what she meant?
- Serah: You'll help us out, won't you?
- Rydia: Of course! Let's face this fate together.
- Edge: Yeah! More than just a beauty, you got pep to boot! I like your style, Rydia!
- Rydia: Edge hasn't changed at all... What a relief.
(Balthier, Cecil, and Tidus observe Rydia and Yuna)
- Balthier: Those two seem to have hit it off. Summoners must have a lot in common.
- Tidus: I get the feeling Yuna and Rydia aren't all that alike. Fun to have another smiling face, though.
(Seymour arrives from a Torsion)
- Yuna: That's...!?
- Tidus: Seymour!!
- Balthier: Another sudden entrance. ...Can we help you?
- Seymour: You needn't look so frightening...
- Seymour: I simply came to speak with this young woman.
- Rydia: Huh? Me?
- Seymour: Yes. There is something I must know.
- Seymour: Why you travel with the one who killed your mother.
- Yuna: ...Killed Rydia's mother!?
- Tidus: Who do you think here is gonna buy your lies, Seymour!
- Balthier: Is that your idea of a joke?
- Cecil: ...Alas, it is not.
- Cecil: Although I was unaware at the time, I am the one responsible for Rydia's mother's...
- Yuna: It can't be true...
- Seymour: Hatred and grief are never ending. I know too well how you feel.
- Seymour: For that reason alone, I find your actions difficult to comprehend.
- Seymour: Will you not seek revenge while it is in your power to claim it?
- Rydia: ...I can't say I understand it well, but one thing I do know...
- Rydia: Revenge can't change the past.
- Rydia: I can't wallow in my pity forever! I decided for myself that I would fill the role I was meant to.
- Seymour: How truly wretched... You would try to whitewash a bloodstained past with pretty words?
- Tidus: Would you shut up, already! What's so wrong with choosing to move forward!
- Balthier: It strikes me as far more constructive than going in circles as you're bound by the past.
- Seymour: It does not seem as though we will be able to understand each other. I wasted my time...
(Seymour exits into the Torsion)
- Tidus: Ahhh! I can't stand that creep! Rydia, forget everything he said!
- Rydia: Don't worry; I'm fine. Though...
- Cecil: Rydia... I am so terribly sorry for the pain I have caused you...
- Rydia: You don't need to apologize to me anymore, Cecil. Come on, look at me.
- Rydia: You risked your life to protect me that time, right?
- Rydia: Your feelings came through to me, loud and clear.
- Balthier: As a fellow man of the sky, let me give you some advice.
- Balthier: ...Don't dwell too much on the past...
- Rydia: Don't worry. Cecil has it in him to carry on. I know him!
- Cecil: ...My thanks.