Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Onion Knight (Dissidia)/Opera Omnia page!
A quick-witted and clearheaded youth bearing the title of Onion Knight. Chosen by the Crystal to become a warrior, his sole purpose is to put a stop to the wizard Xande and the aftermath of his greed─the Cloud of Darkness. While his over-analytical nature makes him unsure of himself at times, it never clouds his profound sense of righteousness.Description
- Default costume
The Onion Knight's outfit is identical to his appearance in other Dissidia titles, with elements from all incarnations of the Final Fantasy III hero. The color scheme is based on his original NES appearance, while the helmet is based on the PlayStation Portable version. The body armor is closer to Yoshitaka Amano's artwork of the Unnamed Warrior for the NES release. His two swords are also based on this artwork.
- Onion Sword (III): 4★ weapon relic. Onion Knight's signature weapon in the Dissidia games, based on an artwork of Yoshitaka Amano.
- Ancient Sword (III): 5★ weapon relic. Its design is based on its original Final Fantasy III sprite, with a jade blade with gold ornaments, jade and golden hilt and gold trident-like crossguard decorated by a emerald jewel at the center of it.
- Wightslayer (III): 5★ weapon relic. It has an ivory and fuchsia blade with golden details and an ivory hilt.
- Shell Helm (III): 4★ armor relic. The helm seems made by actual seashells and several fangs and horns with gold details on them. It also looks like a samurai helmet, unlike the original design which looked as a medieval helmet.
- Onion Helm (III): 5★ weapon relic. Onion Knight's signature helmet in the Dissidia games, based on an artwork of Yoshitaka Amano and Tetsuya Nomura's redesign.
All of the Onion Knight's weapons and armors can be used in the different versions of Final Fantasy II, and are recurring equipment in the series commonly equipped by the Warrior, Knight and Onion Knight jobs.
Onion Knight's manikin counterpart is named Onion Knight Manikin.
When the party meets the Onion Knight, he initially declines their request to join in favor of pursuing his own observations, having been in the world for a short time already. Nevertheless, he trails the party and admits to being worried for them after they battle some of the monsters in the area.
The Onion Knight joins the party after another battle, admitting that he probably wouldn't be able to survive the infestations of monsters on his own. However, he tells Mog that he's still skeptical of the "will of the light" idea, and is unsure if he'll still be allowed to join by saying so. Although the others give their reasons as protecting their worlds from Torsions or battling longstanding enemies, the Onion Knight's motive is to discover the reason they're there and the truth behind events. Zidane assures him that they're not all heroes fighting for justice; everyone there has their own different reasons to fight.
Later, the Onion Knight questions Terra about her motives because Mog's answers seem "rehearsed," and it seems that the party is blindly following his instructions. Terra explains that she's fighting mainly to stop Kefka, assuring the Onion Knight that she and the others have decided on their own to do this.
When the party encounters the Cloud of Darkness in Imber Manor, the Onion Knight speculates that there may be another imbalance in the forces of Light and Darkness as there was in his own world. He suggests that the presence of their "Light" (as Mog deems it) may be causing the imbalance, rather than darkness.
- Command abilities
|Bravery Attack||BRV, Melee|
|Default 1-hit attack that lowers the enemies' bravery gauge.|
|HP Attack||HP, Melee|
|Default 1-hit attack that lowers the enemies' HP gauge.|
|Blizzard Combo||BRV, Magic, Buff|
|5-hit Ice BRV magic attack|
Self: Marginally raises ATK with Sage I
Sage 3 level MAX (Cannot be used with Ninja)
|Multi-Hit||BRV, Melee, Buff|
|6-hit Melee BRV Attack|
Self: Marginally raises SPD with Ninja I
Ninja 3 level MAX (Cannot be used with Sage)
High turn rate
- Passive abilities
- Artwork and Screenshots