Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
Brought by the Winds:
It is recommended that you clear Ch. 5: Palace of Malitia before playing.
- Zidane: Guys, I think I see someone! Come on, they might be hurt!
- Mog: We have to help them, kupo!
(The party finds Faris unconscious)
- Zidane: Are you all right? Hey!
- Bartz: Whoa! Hold up. That looks like—Faris!?
- Tifa: Somebody you know?
- Bartz: Yeah, we traveled the world together back home.
- Bartz: Faris, you okay!? It's me, Bartz!
- Bartz: This isn't good. Breathing, but barely. We've gotta do something.
- Tifa: He must have nearly drowned...which leaves us with only one choice.
- Cloud: What are you looking at me for?
- Tifa: You know mouth-to-mouth.
- Zidane: Did somebody say "mouth-to-mouth"? Like mouth-to-mouth resuscitation?
- Zidane: Don't you worry! One hot resuscitation coming right up!
- Faris: Ungh... Where am I?
- Cloud: Looks like you're off the hook.
- Zidane: Guess I am...
- Mog: I can sense the light in this one as well. First aid on the double, kupo!
- Zidane: I've got this! A little potion here, and...
- Zidane: ...But gosh, what a looker.
- Bartz: You're gonna get it if you keep gawking.
- Zidane: Uh-oh, I've gotta watch out for the bodyguard, too.
- Rem: Bodyguard? What's he talking about?
- Cloud: Beats me.
- Rem: Zidane doesn't usually get this excited around other guys...
- Cloud: Maybe he switched sides.
The Pirate Lord:
- Steiner: Hmmm...
- Y'shtola: Is there something on your mind?
- Steiner: I'm worried about my subordinates in the Knights of Pluto back home. I hope they're doing all right without me.
- Bartz: Hey, everybody!
(Bartz and Faris arrive)
- Bartz: Faris finally woke up.
- Zidane: Hey, there! I'm glad you're okay.
- Faris: I was told you all helped me. Please allow me to express my gratitude.
- Faris: I'm the pirate captain Faris. Nice to meet you.
- Steiner: A pirate!?
- Faris: My ship was sucked into a strange whirlpool, and I was separated from my men.
- Faris: I found myself in unknown waters where my ship was attacked by monsters. I barely escaped with my life.
- Faris: ...Is something the matter?
- Steiner: Indeed, there is! I have no interest in consorting with the likes of a criminal! Begone!
- Zidane: Oh brother, there he goes again.
- Vaan: You know, I'm a sky pirate. Should I be gone, too?
- Steiner: Ack! N-now that you mention it...!
- Y'shtola: You were unaware till this moment?
- Steiner: Sea pirates, sky pirates, bandits... Why do I attract so many ne'er-do-wells?
- Bartz: Don't sweat the small stuff. Faris, you're coming with us, right?
- Faris: The monsters are coming out of those Torsions you spoke of, aye? Payback is in order for what they did to my ship.
- Faris: I'm happy to see you, but I'm worried about my men...
- Steiner: You say...you're worried about your men?
- Faris: Aye, the whirlpool that got my ship might have gotten the lads as well.
- Steiner: ...The compassion you have for your subordinates is most admirable...
- Steiner: Master Faris, please forgive my insolence! I must extend my most sincere—
- Faris: Oh, shove off. You don't need to apologize.
- Faris: Anyway, I know my way around water. If you need a fella to help clean up the monsters around here, look no further!
- Zidane: Great! Can't wait to see you at work!
- Y'shtola: ..."Fella," is it? I see.
Identities Unveiled II:
- Faris: We're coming for you, Lamia Queen! Don't let up, you landlubbers!
- Zidane: Heh heh.
- Faris: ...What're you smirking about?
- Zidane: Oh, nothing. Just thinking how nice it is to be around a swashbuckling sweetie for a change.
- Faris: A what...!?
- Sazh: Zidane, you feelin' alright? I get Faris is good looking...but a "sweetie"?
- Tifa: Hold on... Faris, are you a woman?
- Faris: ...Well, looks like the cat's outta the bag.
- Sazh: R-really!?
- Faris: You got a problem with it?
- Tifa: Bartz, why didn't you say anything!?
- Bartz: I didn't know I was supposed to?
- Cloud: How did you know?
- Zidane: Cloud, Cloud, Cloud... Who do you think I am? I know a lady when I see one.
- Cloud: ...Figures.
- Tifa: But Faris, why'd you let us think you're a man?
- Faris: It's how I grew up. Would you want to be the only girl on a ship full of pirates?
- Sazh: Seriously?
- Cloud: You didn't have a choice. But you don't need to pretend you're someone else around us.
- Tifa: Well aren't you the sweetest? Or are you saying that because you've been in her shoes?
- Bartz: Her shoes? Cloud, don't tell me...
- Sazh: I don't know what to believe anymore.
- Cloud: ...Sometimes you don't have a choice.
- Bartz: Anyway, no more secrets! We're all in this together!
(Everyone walks away, except Sazh)
- Sazh: I don't think I can handle any more secrets from this group...
Spoilers end here.
Of the High Seas Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
Of the High Seas Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
Of the High Seas Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
Of the High Seas Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
Of the High Seas Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
Of the High Seas Co-op[edit | edit source]
This section is empty or needs to be expanded. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.