Noctis Lucis Caelum is a playable character in Dissidia Final Fantasy NT and its arcade version, and is the main representative of Final Fantasy XV. He is an Assassin type character, and his EX Skill is Warp-Strike. Noctis is a new character who did not appear in the PlayStation Portable Dissidia Final Fantasy games.
Noctis's default player name is Nameless Heir. His manikin counterpart, the Twilight Prince, is black.
Noctis's default outfit, "Prince Fatigues", is identical to his appearance in Final Fantasy XV. He wears an unzipped black jacket with skull-motif buttons and sequenced details on pockets, and wears a black motorcycle glovelet on his left hand. Underneath, he wears a steel gray shirt with skull prints, and wears black cropped trousers and buckled boots with red soles. The first alternate coloration recolors his jacket khaki and his shirt gray, with the skull prints remaining black. The second alternate coloration recolors his jacket gray and the skull prints on his black shirt white.
His first alternate costume, "Kingly Raiment", is his main attire in Chapter 14 of Final Fantasy XV, a raiment in honor of his father. Noctis wears a black suit adorned with golden jewelry, a black and gold pauldron on his left shoulder, a cape with intricate golden chains, and black shoes. The first alternate coloration recolors his shirt white and his cape red, while the second recolors his suit gray and his cape black.
His second alternate costume, "Otherworldly Garb", is his original attire featured in several promotional trailers of his original intended appearance in Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Noctis wears a black knee-length turtleneck jacket with draconian markings on the shoulders and symmetrical black gloves on both hands, and his black cropped trousers and black boots are differently designed, with the trousers' length slightly longer and boots shorter in length and having brown soles. The first alternate coloration recolors his jacket grey with light grey draconian markings and trousers. The second alternate coloration recolors his jacket crimson with black draconian markings.
Noctis's extra alternate costume is "Royal Raiment", a formal pinstripe attire for him to wear in Final Fantasy XV available as DLC. This attire was worn by King Regis's original design in Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Similarly to its original release, it's available through DLC as a pre-order bonus.
This world is pretty cool, after all.Noctis
Noctis retains the personality he has in Final Fantasy XV. He is confused by his circumstances and strives to find a way to return to his homeworld and reunite with his friends. He relies on the Warrior of Light and Cecil to guide him and develops an amicable relationship with the latter, whom he confides in about his worries and helps understand the Warrior of Light's personality. Noctis grows to admire the Warrior of Light who reminds him of "the courageous hero from his favorite game." Despite his initial reservations about being spirited away to World B, Noctis comes to enjoy his time, showing excitement during his travels with his companions and complimenting World B before the final battle.
Noctis equips swords, spears, greatswords and daggers. All weapons can be obtained and used by him in Final Fantasy XV. Swords are exclusive to Noctis and also serve as his main weapon, daggers and spears (or polearms) are the primary and secondary weapons, respectively, of Ignis; and greatswords are the primary weapons of Gladiolus.
His default set of weapons, called Armaments I, includes the Engine Blade, Javelin, Two-Handed Sword, and Daggers. The weapons in that order function as his neutral, forward, backward, and dash Bravery attacks, respectively. All of his alternate sets retain this function. The first alternate set, Armaments II, contains the Airstep Sword, Drain Lance, War Sword, and Cutlasses. The second alternate set, Armaments III, contains the Rune Saber, Storm Lance, Blade of Brennaere, and Mythril Knives. The third alternate set, Armaments IV, contains the Flametongue, Wyvern Lance, Force Stealer, and Plunderers. The fourth alternate set, Armaments V, consist of several Royal Arms, containing the Sword of the Father, Trident of the Oracle, Sword of the Tall and Swords of the Wanderer.
Noctis is presumably riding in the back seat of the Regalia when he is engulfed in white light, finding himself transported to a seemingly uninhabited land. Thinking that Gladiolus is somehow responsible, Noctis soon encounters an Evanescent Glimmer. Just as it is about to strike, Noctis is saved by the real Lightning, who eliminates the manikin. Noctis is wary of her, but she assures that she is real, and recognizes that this is his first time in this realm. Lightning explains there should be other champions who have arrived, and the two are greeted by the Warrior of Light, who in turn defeats a False Hero lurking behind them. As the two welcome Noctis to the fight, he reluctantly accompanies them to see the new goddess of harmony, Materia.
Materia informs Noctis and the other champions that they must fight to produce energy to sustain the world. The meeting is interrupted by Spiritus, and Materia orders her champions to fight his forces. Noctis asks how they are to return to their home worlds, but Materia dismisses his question. Once everyone disbands, Noctis accompanies the Warrior of Light and Cecil as they journey to Spiritus's lair.
Noctis is worried about his friends, as he left them in a precarious situation. Cecil reciprocates his concerns, as he also worries for his friends from his world. The Warrior of Light also has a place to return to once the struggle is over, but does not regret his choice to answer Materia's call, as he understands the importance of the realm they are in. As they pass through a portal to cross a chasm, the three witness a planesgorger feeding on a crystal formed from the energy of battle. While Noctis wants to fight the dragon, he is dissuaded by the others. The trio wonder whether Spiritus is their true enemy.
The trio encounters Vayne Carudas Solidor in Porta Decumana who asks how much they value their freedom and to what level are they willing to fight for it. He spars with the trio to generate battle energy and after being defeated, asks why Noctis fights. He responds that he fights to take back something important that someone took from him. The trio continue to Spiritus's domain while Vayne stays behind.
They pass through another portal and find themselves in the outskirts of Cornelia. As the Warrior of Light reminisces about his adventures, the three are confronted by Garland and two manikins. Noctis and Cecil aid the Warrior of Light, and ask Garland whether Spiritus is the one behind the world's life force being sapped away. Garland insists that Spiritus is Chaos's successor and bound to the realm, and thus does not seek its destruction.
Realizing that they must apprise Materia, Noctis suggests they ask Spiritus's help to relay their message through the communication channel the gods used before. As they pass through another portal, Cecil commends Noctis on his idea, who insists that Cecil call him "Noct." As they arrive Spiritus's domain, Shantotto initiates the conversation from Materia's side, and Noctis and the others inform her and Spiritus of the planesgorgers.
After the gods form a truce, the champions on both sides engage in a stage battle to lure out Shinryu, the dragon god responsible for the planesgorgers eradicating the realm. Noctis battles Garland before assisting Lightning with her struggle against Sephiroth. As Shinryu arrives, Noctis participates in a joint attack against the dragon, but they are repelled as Shinryu reveals his true form. After regaining their composure, the warriors work together to defeat Shinryu. The moogles give Noctis a crystal to host his memories for Materia to use in the new cycles of wars, and with a crystal doppelgänger to serve on Materia's behalf, Noctis returns to his home world.
- Type: Assassin - Armiger activates when Noctis's HP drops below 1,500, at which point his royal arms follow up on his Bravery attacks.
- EX Skill: Warp - Teleports instantly, greatly increasing Noctis's unique EX Skill gauge if a follow-up attack hits. Warp can be used at the start of battle, and has up to three uses.
|Unleash a series of three strikes with your one-handed sword.|
|Charge into your foe with your lance, take a step, and thrust your lance forward once more.|
|Swing your greatsword upward, then downward with all your might.|
|Throw your daggers at your opponent while performing an acrobatic feat.|
|Unleash a series of three strikes with your one-handed sword.|
|Charge into your foe with your lance, then muster your strength and deliver a second piercing strike.|
|Descend upon your foe from above while swinging your greatsword and cause a shockwave once you land.|
|Bird of Prey||Bravery||Rush|
|Unleash a flurry of blows with your daggers.|
|Throw your sword and warp to its location, then send your target flying with an attack.|
|Toss your spear in the air and warp to its location before plunging straight down on your target.|
|Throw your greatsword and warp to its location, then use the force of the throw to help deliver a crushing blow. (Hold to charge)|
|Toss your daggers in the direction the left stick is pointing and teleport to them, then charge toward your opponent.|
|Aim with the left stick before throwing your weapon and then warping to its position. You can stock up to three uses of Warp. (Hold to charge)|
Behind the scenes
Ichiro Hazama and Takeo Kujiraoka both stated that Noctis would be considered added into the Dissidia series after the release of Final Fantasy XV, which was still in development prior to the console version's release.
He was revealed on September, 17th during the Tokyo Game Show 2017 show.
Ray Chase returned to voice Noctis where the majority of the voice work focused on the sounds of attacking and getting hit. The Dissidia NT script was not written by Business Division 2 (developers of Final Fantasy XV), but the Final Fantasy XV head localizer was on hand to ensure Noctis would stay in-character.
- After fighting Vayne, Noctis explains he is fighting to take back something important that had been stolen. This likely refers to his main quest to reclaim the Crystal in Final Fantasy XV.
- Noctis briefly aiding Lightning during the mock battle in the climax to draw out Shinryu may refer to how Final Fantasy XV was planned to be a continuation of Final Fantasy XIII.
- When unleashing a summon, Noctis's eyes turn red, as they did when summoning an Astral in Final Fantasy XV.
- Noctis's pre-battle line directed at Bahamut may foreshadow their antagonism in Final Fantasy XV -The Dawn of the Future-.
- Noctis has a list of custom chat lines that he quotes directly from Final Fantasy XV.
- "Off my chair jester, the king sits there." What Noctis says to Ardyn when entering the throne room in the final chapter.
- "Who cares where you were born?" Noctis says this to Prompto after Prompto reveals his origin to Noctis in Gralea.
- "It's...more than I can take." Noctis says this to his friends at the campsite before entering Insomnia.
- "Walk tall...my friends." This is spoken to his friends on the stairway to the Citadel.
- "I am Noctis, prince of Lucis and King of fishing!" This is what Noctis said in the Moogle Chocobo Carnival fishing minigame.
- "Not half bad." Noctis says this in response to Ignis#s pun during a tour where Noctis helps Ignis cook breakfast.
- "Won't have to wait much longer- we'll be together soon." Noctis's message to Luna.
- "Why did he stand there smiling as I left!?" Noctis says this to Cor during the first royal tomb.
- "I get it alright. I get it!" Said when Noctis and Gladiolus fight on the train to Cartanica.
- "My duty as king of what?" Said in the first royal tomb.
- "Not into the "prince's possesion" thing." Noctis says this during a conversation after camp.
- Noctis's summoning animation alludes to the end of Final Fantasy XV where he strikes the floor with his sword exclaiming ,"Come to me!"
- Noctis appears in Dissidia Final Fantasy as a set of two player icons to represent then-titled Final Fantasy Versus XIII, along with Lightning for Final Fantasy XIII and Ace for Final Fantasy Agito XIII. These icons are obtained through passwords.