Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement
Final Fantasy Wiki

Nishijin Belt is an accessory in Final Fantasy XII that makes the wearer immune to Sleep, and in the Zodiac versions also provides +1 to Magick Resist and +3 to Magick Power.

Obtain[]

Original[]

In the original PlayStation 2 versions, the Nishijin Belt can be bought for 800 gil from Mt Bur-Omisace and Mosphoran Highwaste. It is found in a treasure in Paramina Rift's Silverflow's End (40% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 10% chance the item treasure is Nishijin Belt with the Diamond Armlet Map 30 Paramina Rift), Cerobi Steppe's South Liavell Hills (50% chance to appear, 60% chance for gil, 10% chance the item treasure is Nishijin Belt with the Diamond Armlet) and Feddik River (50% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 10% chance the item treasure is Nishijin Belt with the Diamond Armlet), and Nabreus Deadlands' The Slumbermead (75% chance to appear, 45% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Nishijin Belt without the Diamond Armlet Map 21 NabreusDeadlands).

Zodiac[]

In the updated Zodiac versions, the Nishijin Belt can be bought for 800 gil from Dyce in Nam-Yensa Sandsea and Tomb of Raithwall, Jahara, Eruyt Village, Mt Bur-Omisace, Mosphoran Highwaste (after defeating Judge Bergan), Phon Coast and the "secret shop" in Necrohol of Nabudis.

It is found in a treasure in Phon Coast's Pora-Pora Sands (70% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Nishijin Belt without the Diamond Armlet), Tchita Uplands' Fields of Eternity (40% chance to appear, 70% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Nishijin Belt without the Diamond Armlet), and Pharos - Third Ascent's Spire Ravel - 1st Flight (80% chance to appear, 40% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Nishijin Belt without the Diamond Armlet), as well as Trial Mode stages 29 and 62 with the Diamond Armlet equipped.

It can rarely be stolen from Judge Ghis and from the Pumpkin Star in Trial Mode Stage 27.

Use[]

The Nishijin Belt makes the wearer immune to Sleep, which makes the afflicted unable to take any action while they are asleep. The belt is useful against enemies that use Sleep. An alternative would be to set up gambits for Prince's Kiss or Esunaga, however Sleep won't allow the afflicted to heal themselves. Ribbons also make the Nishijin Belt redundant as they protect against all status ailments, but are also available much later into the game.

Etymology[]

Nishijin is a district in Kyoto, Japan, known for the traditional textile produced there.