There have always been many raksas, what you call fiends, in Lhusu, held at bay by a paling. But, the paling has fallen. No...it seems rather that some murkha has broken it! And now something most terrible has come out. Yes, a nidhogg, previously sleeping deep within the mines has come to the surface! It is even beyond us parivir guards to defeat it.Aekom
Nidhogg is a mark in Final Fantasy XII and the fifth mark to be listed in the Clan Primer. It is arguably the toughest Rank I mark. The hunt becomes available after Vaan has masqueraded as Basch in Bhujerba, and the party has been given permission to enter Marquis Ondore's estate. Nidhogg is found in the Transitway 1 area of the Lhusu Mines, and the petitioner is conveniently located right at the mines' entrance.
Clan Primer[edit | edit source]
Hunt 05: Marauder in the Mines[edit | edit source]
- Petitioner: Aekom
- Petitioner's Location: Bhujerba (outside Lhusu Mines)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a nidhogg (Rank I). The petitioner is Aekom in Lhusu Square in Bhujerba.
- Hunt accepted. Aekom tells you that the nidhogg plaguing the Lhusu Mines has effectively brought mining to a halt. It is to be found at a fork in the mine tunnels.
- Nidhogg defeated! Report to Aekom in Lhusu Square in Bhujerba.
- Hunt reported.
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- Formerly living in the Depths of the Lhusu Mines, this Creature was ousted from its Lair after it was defeated by an Antlion in a Squabble over Territory. Of late, this Nidhogg has appeared near the Collection Area, where it pesters and annoys the Mine Workers. It was one of these sorely harassed Folks who posted a Bill for this Mark.
Stats[edit | edit source]
AI script[edit | edit source]
|Gnaw||HP >50% (5%)|
50% > HP > 20% (25%)
|Saber||Start of battle (100%)|
|Tail Spear||HP <20%; use once (100%)|
|Attack CT0||When HP <20%|
|Targeting||Attacks nearest opponent.|
Battle[edit | edit source]
Nidhogg's Poison attacks can be dangerous. All of its attacks are physical. Nidhogg will use Saber when it loses a considerable amount of HP to double its Attack Power. It uses Tail Spear when its HP is depleted by 80%. When Nidhogg is at HP Critical health it chains its attacks and is very fast. It will always attack the nearest target.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The party can use a character or two with ranged weapons to conveniently stay out of Nidhogg's range. When attacking it close-range, the character should be equipped with a shield and having learned some Shield Lores on the License Board helps.
The player may also Lure a character equipped with a long ranged weapon and then cast Immobilize on Nidhogg.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
The player will also receive a Great Serpentskin after the battle, which can be given to Dantro's wife as part of the Patient in the Desert sidequest.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Níðhöggr (meaning "malice striker" in Old Norse, commonly anglicized as "Nidhogg") is a dragon in Norse mythology who would eat the roots of Yggdrasil, the world tree.The