Mizuta was born on January 24th, 1972 in Kochi, Japan. He attended Chiba University, pursuing a degree in Law and Economics. After graduation, he joined Capcom, being known as Mizuta "groovy" Naoshi, to compose music for Street Fighter Alpha and Rockman & Forte.
A Square recruitment ad he saw while working for Capcom prompted him to change companies, where he was selected to compose for the music of Parasite Eve II. Afterwards, Mizuta was tasked to compose for Final Fantasy XI, alongside Kumi Tanioka and Nobuo Uematsu, and has since become the main composer for the game.
Mizuta is also a member of the The Star Onions as the bass player.
Musical works within the series
- Final Fantasy XI (2002)
- Final Fantasy XI: Rise of the Zilart (2003)
- Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia (2004)
- Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan (2006)
- Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess (2007)
- Blood of Bahamut (2009)
- Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (2009)
- Final Fantasy Dimensions (2010)
- Final Fantasy XIV (2010)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (2011)
- Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin (2013)
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (2013)
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (2013)
- Final Fantasy Record Keeper (2014)
- Mobius Final Fantasy (2015)
- Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto (2017)
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (2018)
- Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin (2022)