Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement
Final Fantasy Wiki

Morphing Time in Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!

Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Morphing Time! (ギルガメッシュチェンジ? or ギルガメッシュチェーンジ, Girugamesshu Chenji?, lit. Gilgamesh Change), also known as Gilgamesh Morphing Time or Gilgamesh Change!!, is a recurring ability in the series. It is an ability exclusive to Gilgamesh, and either provides Gilgamesh with buffs or allows him to change to his more powerful form.

Appearances[]

Final Fantasy V[]

Gilgamesh Morph! is an enemy ability used by Gilgamesh when fought at Castle Exdeath. It changes Gilgamesh into his eight-armed form where he proceeds to attack continuously with Excalipoor to little effect before being banished.

Final Fantasy Dimensions II[]

Edgar - Chainsaw2.pngThis section about an ability in Final Fantasy Dimensions II is empty or needs to be expanded. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.

Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy[]

Gilgamesh Morphing Time is the EX Mode for Gilgamesh, transforming him into his eight-armed form as seen in Final Fantasy V. While in this form, Gilgamesh gains the ability Octo-Break, where each of his arms wields any of the eight weapons he uses in battle—he has a 45% chance of wielding eight of the same weapon, a 45% chance of using four weapons twice each, and a 10% chance of a random alternate combination. Whatever weapon(s) Gilgamesh is holding, their relevant bonuses are applied to all his attacks, while weapons that affect his attack power alternatively activate their effects. Thus the benefits of Gilgamesh's EX Mode are impossible to predict, but his attacks are more reliable. Gilgamesh's melee Bravery attacks deal more hits, and some of his HP attacks hit over larger areas.

Pictlogica Final Fantasy ≒[]

Edgar - Chainsaw2.pngThis section about an ability in Pictlogica Final Fantasy ≒ is empty or needs to be expanded. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper[]

Morphing Time! is Gilgamesh's default Soul Break, which the expense of one Soul Gauge segment increases user's Attack.

Edgar - Chainsaw2.pngThis section about an ability in Final Fantasy Record Keeper is empty or needs to be expanded. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius[]

Edgar - Chainsaw2.pngThis section about an ability in Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is empty or needs to be expanded. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.

Mobius Final Fantasy[]

Edgar - Chainsaw2.pngThis section about an ability in Mobius Final Fantasy is empty or needs to be expanded. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.

Final Fantasy Trading Card Game[]

Edgar - Chainsaw2.pngThis section about an ability in Final Fantasy Trading Card Game is empty or needs to be expanded. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.

Other media[]

A reference to this ability is found in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn before the Battle at the Big Bridge, where Gilgamesh announces "For Gilgamesh, it's embiggening time!" before making a reference to Ultraman by imitating the franchise's iconic transformation sequences and growing larger. At the Battle in the Big Keep, when Enkidu is defeated, a cutscene will play where Gilgamesh announces "For Gilgamesh, it's transmogrification time!" and assumes a six-armed form instead of an eight armed form. Similarly, in Kugane Ohashi, the player is faced against Yojimbo, who midway through the fight reveals himself to be Gilgamesh in disguise. As he does so, he proclaims "For Yojimbo, it's Gilgameshing time!"

Gallery[]

Relm-ffvi-snes-battle.pngThis gallery is incomplete and requires Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy added. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by uploading images.

Etymology[]

"It's morphin' time" is the official transformation call of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers TV show. It is called out before the main characters transform into the Power Rangers.

Advertisement