Morbol, or "land octopuses", are yet another variety of Vana'diel's dangerous plantlife in Final Fantasy XI. They can spew two forms of semi-gaseous concoctions on those who dare to come too close, leading to a wide range of status ailments.
Morbols are known to carry some pieces of not-so-rare-but-usable-armor. For example, those found in Pashhow Marshlands carry the useful Dodge Headband, those found in Ordelle's Caves can be spotted with a Shield Pendant, those in Davoi carry a massive great sword, and those in Eldieme Necropolis utilize the Avenger's Earring. The more common drops from this family include Lacquer Tree Log and Malboro Vine, both of which can be of value—the vine being used by alchemists and the log by woodworkers.
- Bad Breath: Cone attack Bind, Blind, Paralyze, Poison, Silence, Slow, and Weight.
- Impale: Single target damage and Paralyze.
- Sweet Breath: Breath Attack damage and Sleep.
- Vampiric Lash: Single target Drain effect and steals all beneficial effects.
- Vampiric Root: Single target Drain effect and steals one beneficial effect.
- Extremely Bad Breath: Instant K.O. to targets within range (used only by Evil Oscar, Cirrate Christelle, and Lividroot Amooshah).