Mognet is a mail delivery service between moogles! We can send and receive letters to and from moogles in other locations! Kupo! But delivery has been very sporadic lately! So I want you to help us deliver mail! Kupo!Kupo explains Mognet to Vivi
Mognet (モグネット, Mogunetto?) is the name of the moogle mail service used in Final Fantasy IX. It was created by Hiroyuki Ito, the game's director. Using it, moogles can send letters to each other. It is run from a hidden location called Mognet Central, and the moogle charged with delivering the letters is Artemicion. During Final Fantasy IX, the letters are not being delivered properly because Mognet Central's machine has broken down, so the moogles ask the party to deliver their mail in a long sidequest.
When a moogle wants the player to deliver mail, it will usually say, "I have a favor to ask, kupo!". After a number of deliveries have been made, the dialogue will change to "I haven't received any mail lately, kupo". When the player meets the moogle whom the letter is to be delivered to, they will say "I want mail! Kupo!". If the player refuses, they will say "I'm so sad, kupo...". The player can carry up to three letters at a time, and even after the party composition changes due to story events, mail can still be delivered. After visiting Mogmi and Moguta in Gizamaluke's Grotto, the player gets a Kupo Nut every time they deliver a letter, provided they do not have one already. The player can bring Kupo Nuts to Moguta for various prizes.
Several letters must be delivered before certain plot events, or they can never be delivered. Not all letters need to be delivered to complete the Superslick sidequest; only the ones near the end of the game are necessary.
- Kupo to Monty: Kupo, the moogle in the church steeple in Alexandria, tells Vivi about Mognet, and requests that he help with delivery. Though the player is given a choice, they cannot actually refuse, as Kupo simply keeps begging until the player accepts. Monty can be found in the Evil Forest, hiding in a tree trunk by the spring.
- Mois to Gumo: Mois is the moogle frozen inside the Ice Cavern. Gumo can be found in the inn in Dali. Despite not liking Mois, Gumo takes the letter.
- Kumop to Mogki: Kumop is in the Dali underground storage area, hiding in a barrel with his pom-pom sticking out. Mogki is in the Lindblum Castle Guest Room.
- Mogki to Atla: After getting her letter, Mogki asks to send a letter herself. Atla is in Burmecia's Vault.
- Grimo to Nazna: In the Aerbs Mountains, South Gate, the moogle requests a letter be delivered. Nazna is at the Summit Station.
- Nazna to Mochos: Nazna gives the player a letter after being given hers. Mochos is in Gargan Roo.
- Atla to Monev: After Atla gets a letter, he wants to send one out to Monev in Cleyra's Trunk.
- Mopli to Serino: After the Alexandrian soldiers attack Cleyra, Mopli can be found in the sand pit where the Antlion attacked. Serino is on the Red Rose.
- Serino to Moodon: Once she gets her letter, Serino sends out her own. Moodon is at the inn in Lindblum, following the Alexandrian invasion.
- Mosh to Monty: Mosh is in the Alexandria chapel after the rescue attempt for Garnet. Monty has escaped from the Evil Forest, and is now at the Pinnacle Rocks.
- Moodon to Moonte: Moodon sends out a letter after the party delivers one to him. Moonte is at the Dragon's Gate of Lindblum.
- Kuppo to Kupo: Kuppo is the moogle in Fossil Roo's mining site. He must be dug out of the wall to get his letter. Kupo is still at the Alexandria chapel.
- Mogmatt to Suzuna: In Conde Petie's item shop is Mogmatt. In the Conde Petie Mountain Path is Suzuna.
- Mogryo to Mocchi: Mogryo is in the Black Mage Village and wants to send a letter to Mocchi in the Iifa Tree.
- Mogki to Moodon: Neither have moved from their previous locations. Mogki is still in the Lindblum Castle Guest Room, Moodon is still at the Lindblum Inn.
- Mimoza to Mooel: Outside Oeilvert is Mimoza, who wants to send a letter to Mooel inside about the recent breakdown of Mognet.
- Mojito to Mogsam: Both are in the Desert Palace. Mojito sends a letter to Mogsam, who is in the library.
- Mogrika to Moolan: Mogrika is in Esto Gaza. After she gets a letter from Artemicion, she sends a letter to Moolan. Moolan is in Mount Gulug (the entrance to Esto Gaza, and therefore to Mount Gulug as well, is sealed off by roots from the Iifa Tree in the endgame).
- Moolan to Mogtaka: Moolan knows why Mognet has shut down, so he sends a letter to Mogtaka, who is also in Mount Gulug (as before, Mount Gulug is inaccessible in the endgame).
- Mogki to Kumool: Mogki, who is still in the same place in the guest room of Lindblum Castle, sends a letter to Kumool. Kumool is in Ipsen's Castle.
- Moorock to Mozme: In Bran Bal, Moorock is trapped in a pot. Despite never hearing of Mognet, he sends a letter to his buddy in a maze in Pandemonium.
- Kupo to Atla: Kupo in the Alexandria Bell Tower sends a letter to Atla in Burmecia. This begins a long letter chain. Kupo only gives this letter to the player after they have the Invincible, and will do so regardless of whether they have already discovered Mognet Central.
- Atla to Mogryo: Mogryo is in the Black Mage Village in front of the chocobo stable.
- Mogryo to Kumool: Kumool is still in Ipsen's Castle.
- Kumool to Mois: Mois used to be in the Ice Cavern, but it is now sealed off by Iifa Tree roots. Quina must be in the party to reach the entrance to Fossil Roo, where Mois can be found.
- Mois to Noggy: Noggy is at the synthesis shop in Daguerreo.
- Noggy to Kupo: As always, Kupo is at the chapel in Alexandria. The moogles have discovered what the problem with Mognet is. The party must talk to Ruby at Alexandria's theater and ask for some Superslick. When they talk to Artemicion in Mognet Central, the Superslick is used to fix the machine. The party gets a Protect Ring, and is congratulated for delivering # letters.
|Kupo||Alexandria / Steeple|
|Mosh||Alexandria Castle / Guardhouse|
|Mosco||Evil Forest / M.S. Prima Vista Crash Site|
South Gate / The Zamo Basin Border Gate (later on)
|Monty||Evil Forest / Spring|
Pinnacle Rocks (later on)
Fossil Roo / Entrance (later on)
|Gumo||Dali / Inn|
|Mogki||Lindblum Castle / Guest Room|
|Moodon||Lindblum / Inn|
|Moonte||Lindblum Castle / Basement Level Dragon's Gate|
|Grimo||South Gate / Boden Station|
|Atla||Burmecia / Armory|
|Nazna||South Gate / Summit Station Resting Area|
|Mogrich||Treno / Outside Knight's House|
|Mochos||Gargan Roo / Entrance (Doctor Tot's Tower)|
|Monev||Cleyra's Trunk / Sandfall|
|Mopli||Cleyra / Inn (before invasion) or Sandpit (after invasion)|
|Kuppo||Fossil Roo / Mining Site (behind a wall)|
|Mogmat||Conde Petie / Item Shop|
|Mogryo||Black Mage Village / Water Mill|
|Suzuna||Conde Petie Mountain Path|
|Mocchi||Iifa Tree / Tree Roots (third area) and Tree Trunk|
|Momatose||Madain Sari / Town Square|
|Mimoza||Oeilvert / Entrance|
|Mooel||Oeilvert / Planet Display|
|Mojito||Desert Palace / Rack|
|Mogsam||Desert Palace / Library|
|Moorock||Bran Bal / Inn|
Below is a list of all the letters. Before Mognet breaks down, moogles will often have letters with them when the party first meets them. The content of some letters changes depending on the player's actions. The letters usually contain hints about Stiltzkin's appearances, commentary on the plot, and information about the Mognet breakdown.
If the player attempted the jump rope minigame with Vivi at the beginning in Alexandria, and skipped at least 50 times, then when the player meets Mosh (while controlling Steiner) in Alexandria Castle, he will have received the following letter from Kupo:
|Skipping Champion Appears!|
From Kupo to Mosh
There was a kid who skipped
- *The number is based upon the player's highest record in the minigame. Kupo's record is always equal to a third of Vivi's.
In the Evil Forest, near the crash site, is a moogle named Mosco. He has a letter for Zidane:
|How Ya Doin'?|
From Ruby to Zidane
Zidane! Are you alright?
I met an interesting stranger
I'll tell you more soon.
The letter the player delivers from Kupo to Monty:
|Prince on a White Horse|
From Kupo to Monty
I think Queen Brahne is up to something...
She might leave soon...
Maybe it's just my imagination...
Monty has another letter with him:
|Stiltzkin on Ice|
From Stiltzkin to Monty
I'm in a very cold place right now
But I guess this is why I travel:
The letter the player delivers from Mois to Gumo:
|Trapped In Ice!|
From Mois to Gumo
Yo! Man, I got totally iced up by some
Stiltzkin passed me by without doin'
Of course, I couldn't say nothin', 'cause
When the party first meets Mogki, he has received a letter:
|Stiltzkin Visited Me!|
From Kumop to Mogki
Stiltzkin visited me!
He said he found a place that
I wish he stayed longer, kupo.
When the party first meets Moodon in the inn at Lindblum, he has a letter for Zidane:
|Opening a Mini-Theater|
From Ruby to Zidane
Ain't y'all comin' back to Alexandria?
Just kiddin'. I'm openin' a li'l
(A bartender pal o' mine is
When the party first meets Moonte at the Dragon's Gate of Lindblum, he has received a letter:
|Shelter From the Rain|
From Stiltzkin to Moonte
I left Lindblum and headed north.
It's raining, as expected.
When the party meets Mogmi in Gizamaluke's Grotto, she has received a letter if the winner of the Festival of the Hunt back in Lindblum got at least 100 points:
|It Was So Exciting!|
From Moodon to Mogmi
This year's Festival of the Hunt
Last year's winner, Belna,
- The winner can either be Zidane, Vivi, or Freya depending on how well or badly the player does in the Festival of the Hunt. The points the winner won by are also based upon the player's actions, and Belna's score is always equal to two thirds of it.
The letter the party delivers from Mogki to Alta:
|Map of the Entire World in His Bag?|
From Mogki to Atla
I heard that Stiltzkin is heading
Check and see if he travels with a
The letter the party delivers from Grimo to Nazna:
|Mary's Unrequited Love|
From Grimo to Nazna
I feel so sad whenever I see
Have you ever fallen in love?
When the party first meets Mogrich in the Knight's House in Treno, he has a letter:
From Stiltzkin to Mogrich
There's trouble in this rainy city.
They'll only find sandstorms.
I'm gonna follow them and see...
The letter the player delivers from Nazna to Mochos:
|Am I Right?|
From Nazna to Mochos
Grimo, in South Gate's Bohden Station,
... but I think he feels that way because
Am I right?
The letter the party delivers from Atla to Monev:
|No More Pointy Hats!|
From Atla to Monev
Kupo! Strange people came into town
Monev should be careful, too!
When the party first meets Mopli in the Cleyra Inn, she has a letter for Zidane:
From Ruby to Zidane
I decided to start a small theater, but
Do you know any good actors who are
Come to think of it,
After Freya joins the party in Cleyra, Mopli will receive a letter:
|I Have a Bad Feeling|
From Monev to Mopli
People are climbing up to Cleyra since
Will Cleyra end up like Burmecia?
The letter the party delivers from Mopli to Serino:
From Mopli to Serino
By the time this letter reaches Serino,
"I've been through stuff like this before.
But what if we won’t be okay this time!?
When the party first meets Mosh in the Alexandria Chapel, he will have a letter:
|Rumor about Princess Garnet|
From Kupo to Mosh
Kupo! What's going on in Alexandria!?
I heard a rumor that Princess Garnet
Princess Garnet left the castle, but
* When Garnet is captured by Queen Brahne, the player is given a choice answer. If they say "Believe her", then the letter will say "still believes in". If they say "Don't Believe her", then the letter will say "suspected".
The letter the party delivers from Mosh to Monty:
|Escaping Evil Forest|
From Mosh to Monty
Monty! Were you able to escape Evil Forest? Kupo!
I think this continent is heading for
|This Might Be the End|
From Stiltzkin to Monty
The letter the party delivers from Serino to Moodon:
|Eidolon Odin's Power|
From Serino to Moodon
I rode on an airship called the Red Rose,
The eidolon Odin's power is terrifying.
There's not even a trace of the city now...
Moodon also has a letter for Zidane:
|Narcissus From Lindblum|
From Ruby to Zidane
Oh, I'm havin' a terrible time finding
What was his name? That narcissist
The letter the party delivers from Moodon to Monte:
From Moodon to Monte
Oh, it's terrible! Kupo!
Did the Alexandrian Soldiers kidnap him?
I'm so worried!!!
In Fossil Roo, the party will meet Mogki, who has a letter:
|Very Bored, Kupo!|
From Kuppo to Mogki
I'm bored, kupo!
I'm so bored, I'm going to hide away!
Try finding me in this cavern!
Hint: I'm behind a wall...
When the party first meets Mogryo in the Black Mage Village, he will have a letter:
|To Conde Petie|
From Stiltzkin to Mogryo
I'm becoming familiar with the geography of
They exchange a special greeting
I think it was "Rally-ho"!
The letter the player delivers from Mogmatt in Conde Petie's item shop to Suzuna at the Iifa Tree roots:
From Mogmatt to Suzuna
It's been six months since I started
But... But... The only thing I can't
I keep saying "Rally-kupo!"
The letter the party delivers from Mogryo to Mocchi:
From Mogryo to Mocchi
A kid named Vivi came to the Black
I wanted to say "Good luck!" to him,
When the party meets Mocchi again before Kuja sends out his monsters on the Iifa Tree, Mocchi will have a letter:
|Blessing or Curse?|
From Stiltzkin to Mocchi
The Mist is gone.
The letter the party delivers from Kuppo to Kupo:
|The Most Important Thing in Life|
From Kuppo to Kupo
Fossil Roo is very comfortable!
We play hide-and-seek every day!
After getting Kuppo's letter, Kupo will have another letter:
From Mogrika to Kupo
Even Moogles want to look beautiful!
I use my special item very carefully.
You don't come across it very often.
It's very special to me, Kupo!
After Zidane joins the party, Kupo will have another letter:
|My Vagabond Life|
From Stiltzkin to Kupo
Alexandria is a great place to be.
So, I'm going on another trip.
If the player played the Hippaul racing minigame in Alexandria, Mogrich will have a letter in Treno's Knight's House:
From Kupo to Mogrich
There's an amazing new champion sprinter
The sprinter's name is [Hippaul/Vivi]*.
He's amazing! Remember his name! Kupo!
* If the player beat lv. 60 in the Hippaul minigame, Vivi will be the name. If not, it will be Hippaul.
The letter the party delivers from Mogki at Lindblum Castle guest room to Moodon at Lindblum Inn:
From Mogki to Moodon
Alexandria is in a horrible state right now...
Let me know when you have more info!
The letter the party delivers from Mimoza at the Oeilvert entrance to Mooel inside the planet display room:
|Very Mad! Kupo!|
From Mimoza to Mooel
I haven't received any mail lately, kupo.
Hey Mooel, would you go to
I'm so mad about it, Kupo!
The letter the party delivers from Mojito to Mogsam:
|Stiltzkin, On the Move|
From Mojito to Mogsam
According to rumors, Stiltzkin is
I'm sure Stiltzkin will find out
When the party first meets Mogrika in Esto Gaza, she will have a letter:
From Artemicion to Mogrika
Mogrika! I'm in trouble...
I used too much.
Do you have more? You don't, do you?
Oh, what am I going to do?
The letter the party delivers from Mogrika to Moolan:
From Mogrika to Moolan
Artemicion rubbed it all over himself!
I know how he must've felt.
The letter the party delivers from Moolan to Mogtaka:
|Where is Mognet Central?|
From Moolan to Mogtaka
Artemicion used the item on himself!
The letter the party delivers from Mogki at Lindblum Castle to Kumool at Ipsen's Castle:
|Where is Mognet Central?|
From Mogki to Kumool
Hey, Kumool. How are you, kupo?
The letter the party delivers from Moorock to Mozme:
|My First Mognet|
From Moorock to Mozme
This is my first time using Mognet!
And my first letter! Kupo!
Hmm, what should I write about? Kupo?
The letter the party delivers from Kupo to Atla:
From Kupo to Atla
I heard we haven't received any mail lately,
It's supposedly a complicated machine.
They're missing something that makes
The letter the party delivers from Atla to Mogryo:
|That Special Something|
From Atla to Mogryo
We haven't been receiving mail, because the
I wonder how we can fix it? Kupo?
Do you think there's a special item
The letter the party delivers from Mogryo to Kumool:
From Mogryo to Kumool
I heard that the machine in Mognet Central
I wonder where you can find one? Kupo?
The letter the party delivers from Kumool to Mois:
|Where Is That Item?|
From Kumool to Mois
I understand! Kupo! Mognet will
I think Mois would know!
We need it to repair Mognet!
The letter the party delivers from Mois to Noggy:
|It's That Thing|
From Mois to Noggy
I think Mognet can go back to standard
Kupo! If you ask me, I think the item
You know what I mean, right?
It's that... thing!
The letter the party delivers from Noggy to Kupo. This is the final letter:
A letter from Noggy to Kupo
I now know what's needed to run the machine
I heard a rumor about it!