Mindflayer is a Rank IV Mark in Final Fantasy XII, found in the Phase 1 Dig area of the Henne Mines, but will only appear if the active party has full MP. The hunt becomes available after felling Judge Bergan at Mt Bur-Omisace. While the hunt is undertaken, a garif named Asdalu can be found and spoken to in the Staging Shaft of the Henne Mines.
Three Mindflayers are also fought in the Zodiac versions' Trial Mode at Stage 17. In this battle, MP is continually sapped. The Mindflayers in the Trial Mode have some equipment to steal: Rose Corsage (common), Power Armlet (uncommon), and Maduin Gear (rare).
Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 15: The Mine Flayer Edit
- Petitioner: Warrior Guromu
- Petitioner's Location: Jahara
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a mindflayer (Rank IV). The petitioner is Warrior Guromu in the Lull of the Land in Jahara.
- Hunt accepted. Warrior Guromu tells you that one of his people went to learn more of the mindflayers and never returned. The mindflayer is to found in the Henne Mines. It is known to prefer places with a dense Mist.
- Mindflayer defeated! Report to Warrior Guromu in the Lull of the Land in Jahara.
- Hunt reported. With the mindflayer gone, Warrior Guromu is certain his friend will soon return.
Bestiary entry Edit
- Being one of a Race of Beings evolved from the lowly Amorph. Possessed of great Intellect compared to its common ilk, it attacks by manipulating Thought with its indomitable Will. It is far eviler than its ancestors, and Proud of its superior Nature, loving above all Else the sight of other sentient Beings in Pain. The garif have sworn Enmity toward the Mindflayers, and one of them posted a Bill for this Mark.
|Fira||Use all battle (5%)|
|Thundara||Use all battle (5%)|
|Blizzara||Use all battle (5%)|
|Bio||HP <20% (5%)|
|Drain||Before Mystery Waltz (5%)|
After Mystery Waltz (25%)
|Invert||Before Mystery Waltz (5%)|
After Mystery Waltz (25%)
|Hero's March||Use once after Soul Etude (100%)|
|Dark Shock||Before Mystery Waltz (25%)|
|Soul Etude||HP <20%; use once (100%)|
|Time Requiem||Before Mystery Waltz (25%)|
|Mystery Waltz||Use once after Hero's March (100%)|
|0 MP||When HP <20%|
|Resist Damage||When HP <20%|
Mindflayer's Invert ability is dangerous for it turns the character's HP to his/her current MP. Mindflayer can be deadly with its Time Requiem ability, which inflicts Stop to all units in an area. It may restore all of its health the first time it is goes HP Critical, and if so the player will have to deplete its HP again to defeat it.
The Balance magick (which inflicts damage to all enemies in an area based on the range between the user's current HP with their Max HP) can be used to deal massive damage against it, but the odds of it to actually hit are quite low.
Power Armlet gives immunity to Stop, but if it isn't available, the party can buff with Shell to halve the chance of being inflicted with statuses, making it unlikely the entire party will be stopped at once.
The Mindflayer usually resorts in casting Drain on one character. During that moment, the player can change party members.
- 2,200 gil
Before redeeming the awards for the Mindflayer hunt, the player may interact with the garif Asdalu in the Staging Shaft area of Henne Mines. He says that his mind has been clearer and senses that the Mindflayer has been defeated.
Mindflayers, or "Illithids," are a race found in Dungeons & Dragons. They appear humanoid, with heads that resemble octopuses, and frequently are found in the Underdark. They have fearsome psychic powers, subsist on a diet comprised of the brain tissue of sapient beings, and often enslave other races.
Related enemies Edit
- Piscodaemon (Mark)