- Super-sized snake seen all around the Cleigne region. The midgardsormr prefers a life of solitude, patrolling its nest daily and bitterly defending its expansive territory against any it perceives as an intruder. Any who encroach upon its turf are subjected to a spray of venom and a piercing bite they will not soon forget.
- Size: 108.43 ft. Weight: 44.36 t
- Particularly violent midgardsormr found around the Vesperpool. Meldacio HQ initiated a hunt for this specimen soon after its discovery in an attempt to protect the fishermen who frequent those waters, unaware of the territorial serpent slithering around nearby.
- Size: 108.66 ft. Weight: 44.78 t
- Midgardsormr that appeared in great number in the Maidenwater Basin. Such congregational behavior is uncharacteristic of the species, leading biologists to believe this specimen may be an entirely new species altogether.
- Size: 110.17 ft. Weight: 45.22 t
|Serpent of Risorath Basin||Meldacio Hunter HQ||7||Midgardsormr x1||The Vesperpool (All Times)||54||15,690 gil, Mega Phoenix||★★★★|
Midgardsormr is a giant snake that can bury underground. When it is underground it cannot be hurt. When it emerges it shoots out of the ground dealing damage to those it hits. It is weak to one-handed swords, daggers and ice. It resists fire and light and can poison the party. It can slowly wrap around the player, constricting them; if this is happening the player can try and warp away, but waiting in the center as it is doing the attack also opens a block and parry opportunity. When it holds its head high up the player needs to warp-strike it or use ranged attacks, and it can slam down its head to the ground to deal damage.
Unlocking Airdancing nodes in the Ascension Grid makes fighting the head easier as the player can stay airborne. Throwing ice magic at it is good, and the player can character-swap to Ignis and use his ice daggers for fast damage as midgardsormr is weak to that. Ignis can also enchant the element to Noctis's weapon with a Technique.
Character-swapping to Prompto lets the player aim at it from afar, and perhaps stand on a type of ground the midgardsormr doesn't burrow in, like rock.
Midgardsormrs will try to surprise Regis by suddenly appearing from underground and attacking. They will bury themselves again after their attack, unless they are hit with a Shield Stun combo ( / ).
Jörmungandr) was the middle child of Loki and a giantess named Angrboda. Odin threw it into the ocean that encircles Midgard and it eventually grew large enough to reach around the entire world and bite its own tail. It had been foreseen that on the day of Ragnarök it would battle with its arch-nemesis, Thor, the god of thunder. The sky would darken from the poison mist emitted by Midgardsormr, and the battle would end in the death of both. Thor would first kill Midgardsormr and then stagger nine steps before dying from its poison.The name hails from Norse mythology, in which Midgardsormr (Old Norse: Miðgarðsormr; also known as the World Serpent or